1.    #1  
    Does anyone else here run Vista Ultimate x64 and a PalmOS Treo? Whenever I plug my Treo (both my 755P and a 700P) into the sync cable and then the cable into any USB port on my PC, Vista continuously pops up a message from the taskbar asking for a driver. I pointed it to the default folder where the USB driver is located:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\USB_Driver

Is this continuous popup from the taskbar because the driver isn't 64-bit? Has anyone else here experienced this?

Please don't reply if you're just going to bash Vista. It works very well for me aside from this Palm issue. I could install XP on a separate partition, but I don't want to do that just for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Does anyone else here run Vista Ultimate x64 and a PalmOS Treo? Whenever I plug my Treo (both my 755P and a 700P) into the sync cable and then the cable into any USB port on my PC, Vista continuously pops up a message from the taskbar asking for a driver. I pointed it to the default folder where the USB driver is located:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\USB_Driver

Is this continuous popup from the taskbar because the driver isn't 64-bit? Has anyone else here experienced this?

Please don't reply if you're just going to bash Vista. It works very well for me aside from this Palm issue. I could install XP on a separate partition, but I don't want to do that just for this.
    I'm running Vista x64 Ultimate, and you're correct, Palm hasn't provided an x64 USB driver for the Treo 700P. They haven't even fixed their broken QuickInstaller for Vista x86 and it's been over 7 months since Vista was first released to the business community.

On another related front, I've successfully modified the USBMODEM .inf to allow that tool to install a USB Modem driver on Vista x64 so you can tether with the Palm and Vista x64.
  3.    #3  
    I've started using the normal install tool instead of quick install. I still have to sync via bluetooth though which takes forever. Vista has been available to developers for a long time now. What's taking Palm so long to update their drivers / software? I've seen this little add-on app. that works with 64-bit Vista for the quick install tool, but you have to pay for it.