1.    #1  
    It was interesting he said that sprint by december is introducing evdo REV A which we all know but he said that is basically called UMTS which is basically WIMAX. I thought these were three seperate technologies....he said it will give speeds of up to 3mb per second....is it gonna be that much of a dramatic improvement?
    I cannot tell you how wrong that rep is... Sprint prob already has REV A EVDO. And Sprint is a known backer of WiMax, and a while back there was rumors of a WiMax Treo. But the two are two different types of networks.

But UMTS? that's just wonky... that's GSM technology.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Yeah, he's full of it. Sprint has had rev A for months now, since I worked for them. It is a dramatic improvement, but we won't notice anything b/c we don't have rev A hardware yet. The only people who benefit from it are the lucky few with rev A aircards. And UMTS is just GSM's equivalent to EVDO rev 0. It boggles the mind how someone who works for a company can get their facts so confused.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Shows you just how GOOD Sprint tech support really is(n't)...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I don't listen to any reps, they're usually badly trained people that don't care to learn about anything.
    Sprint tech told me I could plug my phone into my car to increase my engine's horsepower by 50hp, but Rev A is required.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Doesn't Rev A. only increase the upload speed? Download isn't changed significantly?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Doesn't Rev A. only increase the upload speed? Download isn't changed significantly?
    That's what I hear, but it does improve latency and the ability to keep higher download speeds (average speeds should increase a fair amount).
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    That's what I hear, but it does improve latency and the ability to keep higher download speeds (average speeds should increase a fair amount).
    100% true.

Download will just get a boost of 100-200kb, which is still significant IMO, but the latency and consistency will really help maintain those speeds for a better feel.

Upload though gets a huge boost, making VOIP that much better on WM devices.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter