Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. Its always the same. Give me a break. Who are you trying to kid? Am I supposed to politely THANK you for instigating me a while back?

You post these snide little insinuations and suddenly you're positioning yourself as the innocent angel here?

Please. If you don't want to be insulted, stop with the snide remarks, understand, pal?

As far as one's finer moments, you're no better, sxtg. All you're doing is instigating and baiting for a flame war here. Anyone can see that.

Ill be civil when you are, jack. Period.
    Perhaps I am mistaken. I thought it was you who engaged me. In fact I bleive this was the first of our correspondence

Japt

(just another palm tool)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Yast
    What exactly is this?
    What exactly is this?
    Yet another stupid thread.

It wasn't directed at you or the OP for that matter. Just at the strange belief that the iHope can't be a sucess without the failure of palm
    However, no offense to the OP, but I do find it bizarre that people are compelled to start these threads. It's like they believe they are the sole inpiration of some virtual revolution.
    06/30/07 (about the iPhone)

07/04/07

07/08/07

d e m o c r a t

(democrat)

Explain this to me. How am I supposed to take that, sxtg? It certainly looks like you were cooking up some sort of jousting match right from the start. Now you pretend as if the ascerbic responses youre getting are completely undeserved? This is a classic example of flamebaiting. Typical. Id say youre demonstrating your finest moments as well here... to be sure.
    Yet another stupid thread.

It wasn't directed at you or the OP for that matter. Just at the strange belief that the iHope can't be a sucess without the failure of palm
    oh never mind. got it.
    you still havent told me what "yast" is. Tell me, what was the point of posting that?
    YAST
    yet another stupid thread.

Not sure how much more I can explain it.
    Explain this to me. How am I supposed to take that, sxtg? It certainly looks like you were cooking up some sort of jousting match right from the start. Now you pretend as if the ascerbic responses youre getting are completely undeserved? This is a classic example of flamebaiting. Typical. Id say youre demonstrating your finest moments as well here... to be sure.
    Was my reply to being called a tool. You didn't expect me to politely thank your for the insult- Did you?

Anyway, I din't realize you would take being called a democrat so personal. I thought it was the IN thing these days.
    However, no offense to the OP, but I do find it bizarre that people are compelled to start these threads. It's like they believe they are the sole inpiration of some virtual revolution.
    Its as bizarre as those who start countless anti-iphone threads over and over again. You know who they are.
    Was my reply to being called a tool. You didn't expect me to politely thank your for the insult- Did you?

Anyway, I din't realize you would take being called a democrat so personal. I thought it was the IN thing these days.

I wasnt familiar with the "Yast" thing so I misinterpreted that as "yet another setup tool" or something like that.

Classic case of misunderstanding i guess.
    Its as bizarre as those who start countless anti-iphone threads over and over again. You know who they are.
    I do see some counter Jesus-phone posts quite often. But rarely the start of a thread.

Yes some get a little emotional (on both sides). But I would bet there are far more "treo-killer" threads started.
    I wasnt familiar with the "Yast" thing so I misinterpreted that as "yet another setup tool" or something like that.
    It's not a thing really (that I know of) just something I posted.

Classic case of misunderstanding i guess.
    Well then... Carry on
    Yeah its the treo killer threads, the Htc vs iphone and the windoze vs palm os that get to be a bit much now and again.
    Wouldn't it be nice if we all have only one device and one network to choose from, say like, all iPhone only?

Bring back Ma Bell to consolidate all the different phone companies!

(moving away ....)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I used the iPhone today for the 1st time. My experience typing with the portrait keyboard was horrible. Just like I type on a regular keyboard, the 755p gives mew the tactile feedback necessary to remeber key location. This is simply not pssible with the iPhone. The landscape keyboard in Safari is multiple x's better but I still feel myself yearning for the trusty 755p.

For navigation purposes, the lack of a 5 way on the iPhone was a dramatic difference as well. The magnifying glass was hard to pop up and nowhere near as easy to as the 5 way + Treo select text.

I loved the iPod, like Safari, and the phone itself is a better experience than the Treo's phone.
    Comparing the email client to Chatter is a joke. chatter blows the iPhone email program away.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    yast is yet another setup tool in the suse linux distribution, fwiw
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    Or the scene in Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, where regularly the people go to listen to the future visions of Hari Seldon (Palm), who had been such a omniscent guiding force in the past... But, unexpectedly, The Mule/iPhone hit the market, and its impact altered the market's expectations so thoroughly. Now the people again turned to Hari/Palm, to listen to Palm, waiting for a bold response, that it knew all along that the iPhone would arrive, and that it had a masterful answer to once again take the lead. But what's this ? The Folly-Oh ? Huh ? The people are in an uproar... Palm is *totally* clueless!!! What Palm is saying cannot even be heard over the loud roar of the incredulous market, that cannot believe that Palm is so, so off base that it is now completely irrelevant...
    Bad analogy, the Mule was defeated by his own pride, and ego.
    Steve Jobs is epitome of humility, so your analogy is broken.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
    06/30/07 (about the iPhone)

07/04/07

07/08/07

d e m o c r a t

(democrat)

Was that necessary?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we all have only one device and one network to choose from, say like, all iPhone only?

Bring back Ma Bell to consolidate all the different phone companies!

(moving away ....)
    Already happened in my area. ATT was at one time Ma Bell also, right? It owned both local and long distance service, from what I remember, before ordered to break up. Well ATT has taken over Chicagoland once again!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Was that necessary?
    No but at the time it was kinda fun

Besides we already made up
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast