Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had to sign up for unlimited texting because people I know would rather text me than call me.....then wonder why I don't write back. My wife does that to me all the time!!! Anyhow, Verizon did switch me to unlimited data for a bit to avoid a huge bill, but it depends on your carrier and how long you have been with them. The way you guys feel about text messaging I am sure others feel about spending 30.00-50.00 for data on a phone.
    In the time it takes for the call to ring through to the other party, I can shoot off a ~100 character txt msg to a friend. Especially when I'm working but still need to communicate with friends or if my friends are working/in class.
    I seriously doubt they'll let you convert to 1000 text messages after the fact. Sure you can upgrade, but they won't put it against a bill that occurred before upgrading.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I seriously doubt they'll let you convert to 1000 text messages after the fact. Sure you can upgrade, but they won't put it against a bill that occurred before upgrading.
    They did correct it for her. I am with Verizon and they will almost always do this if you call before the bill comes. It doesn't even extend your contract. You could up it for 1 month and then go back to a lower cost message plan the next month.
    I find that shocking, but a fantastic job of customer support. Wanna engender customer loyalty? That's the way to do it!
    For those who claim there's no use for texting unless you're a teenager, there indeed is. When you can't talk on the phone due to courtesy, a meeting or whatever. I have many text conversations, and they are NOT with teenagers! I don't disturb the people around me by spilling out all my business over the phone, and I still get things done.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I have my Yahoo IM set to send me SMS if I sign out of my desktop. I just started doing this but the benefit is I don't have to sign into Mundu just to get pinged by my teammates. I figure Mundu would drain the battery more, and Messaging is active anyway. I have 200 messages a month, I hope this doesn't cause me to go over the limit.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I love texting, for business and being a student at the same time. Id much rather ramble off a text message in 20 seconds then call, its unlimited, quick, and on the Treo's: in threaded chats!

I HATE when people call in public, I don't want to hear their problems, just text it. Keep it personal. The other day I was walking through my neighborhood, no one was around. It must have been the FIRST time in the 3 years I have had a Treo that I actually had a conversation in public on the phone! lol =]
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    If Verizon had their previous plan of $5 for unlimited text, I'd text until the cows come home. With my Treo it's a snap and I prefer it over voice mail and interruptions when I'm at work, in a movie, driving. Thus, when I have time, I know what the person wants without listening to additional information and I don't have to re-listen to voice mail to catch the e-mail address, number, price, directions, etc.

Although 25 is a lot, but if I had unlimited chat, I'd probably use AIM or another instant message system in addition to SMS and my kids(30 & 24) would love the family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I have my Yahoo IM set to send me SMS if I sign out of my desktop. I just started doing this but the benefit is I don't have to sign into Mundu just to get pinged by my teammates. I figure Mundu would drain the battery more, and Messaging is active anyway. I have 200 messages a month, I hope this doesn't cause me to go over the limit.
    Hey, how did you get this set up? Sounds like a cool idea.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Hey, how did you get this set up? Sounds like a cool idea.
    It's just a setting within the Yahii IM client in Windows. Preferences>General>Signing out of Yahoo Messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    It's just a setting within the Yahii IM client in Windows. Preferences>General>Signing out of Yahoo Messenger.
    Thanks. It apparently doesn't like my Sprint number, stating that it isn't supported, so I'll have to miss out on this cool feature.
    Same with Google. Sprint doesn't work with their IM client either from what I have read.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Text is a huge benefit for the cost! At only $19.99 per month for unlimited text, I can save myself from using about 2 to 3 thousand minutes per month. I was able to reduce my rate plan by almost $50 per month by adding the unlimited text.

By the way, anyone know the going rate for a plan with 3000 mins? I bet it's alot more than $19.99.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12