1.    #1  
    I dont understand how people use these other non touch screen based on phones that have WM...cause im constantly highlighting text and copy pasting or selecting a bunch of emails and deleting etc...One of the main reasons for sticking withe Palm versus getting other One handed operational WM phones like the blackjack and others would be for ME mainly the touchscreen...anyone else feel this way? is there a trick to doing these things on a non touch screen? I look at touchscreen the same way I look at leather seats in my car, once you have it, its hard to go without it, it becomes a comfort zone and you get use to it...
    well, on WM5 smartphone most use a free app called Vito Copypaste.

It works only when in a text field (so you can't, say, select text from a web page unless it's part of an editable text field). So, you hold down the center button and a menu pops up, you select "selection mode" and now you can use the five way to select, hold it down again to copy. It works very well! Here's an image of it at work.

http://www.hpc.ru/soft/data/16222/16...y-paste-01.gif
    On my Blackjack you hold the shift key and use the D-ring to highlight the text you want, then the menu to cut/copy and then the menu to paste in the new location.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    On my Blackjack you hold the shift key and use the D-ring to highlight the text you want, then the menu to cut/copy and then the menu to paste in the new location.
    That's one thing I hated about BB phones. When I first got one, I first tried to look for the 5 way button, then after get a little frustrated with the little wheel, I tried to look for stylus when I tried to jump to a location in the text.

I still found there is too many button pushes on BB for something very simple, like dialing from the addressbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    That's one thing I hated about BB phones. When I first got one, I first tried to look for the 5 way button, then after get a little frustrated with the little wheel, I tried to look for stylus when I tried to jump to a location in the text.

I still found there is too many button pushes on BB for something very simple, like dialing from the addressbook.
    Dialing contacts from the Blackjack is a breeze. Even if the screen is off, just start typing the name and it starts and jumps to the name to be dialed. Very easy. I've been amazed, as someone who grew up on a PalmPilot touchscreen, how easy it has been to adjust to the Blackjack.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    The copy and paste issue is one of the main reasons I didn't get the iPhone. I am CONSTANTLY copying and pasting on my Treo.