Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Huh, guess I'm the only one who still has some faith left in Palm, lol.

I think they have a tough time doing anything with Garnet and I'm not sure it can really be improved upon. It's like trying to get Win 98 to be rock-solid--its all up hill and your foundation is weak.

But XP Sp1/Sp2 was leaps and bounds more stable (imo). It just took a large shift.

Linux at least is proven to quite stable, flexible and easy to work with. Plus you have a huge linux programming community to pick from to build your base. Throw in their "vision" of the GUI-- simple, easy, one-handed and their stated goal of long battery life and consumer-orientated (as opposed to business) and I'm pretty excited.

"Innovation" is a relative term. Is the Mogul innovative? Was the Blackjack, a Moto Q knock-off. What about how the Dash was mocked for looking like an old TI calculator--yet it gets rave reviews. Is the Kaiser's tilt screen innovative or gimmicky? For me it's all a fine line.

But until I actually see something in terms of OS and hardware, I just have to remain optimistic.

After all, though I love WM, it will never grab the iPhone market--too much business, very little fun. Apple ticks me off with their anti-3rd party stance and Symbian just seems to be an afterthought here in the U.S.

So what else do we have?
    ARGEED
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Is asking for voice recognition too much? I dont mean just on calls either.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Is asking for voice recognition too much?
    Better keeps those hopes down in the range of an improved clipboard and high resolution icons there. The thud when it hits will probably be more acceptable.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    Better keeps those hopes down in the range of an improved clipboard and high resolution icons there. The thud when it hits will probably be more acceptable.
    Fair enough, baby steps right?

Looking at Palms past history youre right, itll take decades before we see the "good stuff" baby steps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    According to Brighthand

Ed Hardy at Brighthand reported that Palm wouldn’t be releasing any devices with Palm OS II (AKA Linux) until sometime in 2008. This means that Palm will continue to release Windows Mobile and Palm OS based devices in 2007.
    um...how about maintaining ability to run older PalmOS apps. and continue to support the large 'third-party' developers pool?

Or better yet, how about maintaining ability to run older PalmOS apps. and continue to support the large 'third-party' developers pool?

Oh yeah, and how about maintaining ability to run older PalmOS apps. and continue to support the large 'third-party' developers pool?

And KILL that stupid WIndoze mobile and APple iphony-baloney crap!!!

Greg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12