10 37.04%
  • Very Helpful

11 40.74%
  • Occasionally Helpful

4 14.81%
  • Who cares I have a pen, paper and books with pages

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks TreoDoc for your post. I am very interested in your perspective and if you don't mind I have a few questions for you.

I am a family physician in a three person group. We have 4th person joining us soon. I am currently a very heavy palm Tungsten T3 user. However, I want to ditch the beeper and use an integrated phone/palm and the 750 seems to be the device we are going to go with. Our answering service has the ability to either text message us or email us with phone calls. Our phone call volume is very high on call weekends because we cover for 8 physicians on those weekends (probably about 200 a weekend) My concern is about the battery life. I have been reading the forums and everyone is complaining about it. People say that you can turn of the frequent email checks to save battery life. However, we thought it would be better to have our answering service email us so that we could save a hard copy to later file in the patients chart. I would need to set the phone up to check email frequently to accomplish this. Any thoughts on this.

I am a heavy user of epocrates, 5MCC, shots, lexi-drugs.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by nwilliams227 View Post
    Thanks TreoDoc for your post. I am very interested in your perspective and if you don't mind I have a few questions for you.

I am a family physician in a three person group. We have 4th person joining us soon. I am currently a very heavy palm Tungsten T3 user. However, I want to ditch the beeper and use an integrated phone/palm and the 750 seems to be the device we are going to go with. Our answering service has the ability to either text message us or email us with phone calls. Our phone call volume is very high on call weekends because we cover for 8 physicians on those weekends (probably about 200 a weekend) My concern is about the battery life. I have been reading the forums and everyone is complaining about it. People say that you can turn of the frequent email checks to save battery life. However, we thought it would be better to have our answering service email us so that we could save a hard copy to later file in the patients chart. I would need to set the phone up to check email frequently to accomplish this. Any thoughts on this.

I am a heavy user of epocrates, 5MCC, shots, lexi-drugs.
    NWilliams....I certainly understand your concern. I have gotten around the battery issue a couple ways. For some reason my GoodLink www.good.com does not drain the battery nearly as much as Pocket Outlook and it has the added benefit of being real time, integrating all of the power of the Outlook desktop and allowing me to send tasks, meeting invitations etc. to colleagues that both drop onto their desktop as well as their Treos. I use the Treo stand charger and always have a second battery in the back charging. On call weekends the second battery is always with me. If things get low I pop another one in which stops me from being constrained in using the device to help with Child Management...the Love the Little Einstein videos that they watch while we try to run errands...checking the web...or taking calls from their grandmother :-). The battery definitely gets me through the daylight hours...I would carry another battery...or when home have it charging...in the car charge...in the hospital you should be fine with these strategies. The upsides very much outweigh the downsides. As an MD I think it is imperative to have that extra battery with you. I keep one extra charging at the office and at home. I did this with my 700p and 650 as well. Bottom line is you can get through the day...(remember some of it depends on your signal strength where you are)....for longer I would either use charger liberally or pop a second battery in your pocket.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I am a Pharmacist and would be lost without eprocrates. It saves so much time to whip out my 755p and look up drug interactions or adverse effects within seconds.

Can you believe how far we have come with medical information in the last 10-15 years!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    I am a Pharmacist and would be lost without eprocrates. It saves so much time to whip out my 755p and look up drug interactions or adverse effects within seconds.

Can you believe how far we have come with medical information in the last 10-15 years!
    It is rather amazing to think that I can carry a patients images, diagnosis, insurance information, allergies in my pocket....take call with the same instrument and log into my office server to pull off other relevant patient information and forward it to another physician while I sit on a beach on vacation!