1.    #1  
    Treo should make it capable of password protecting the PDA function, separate from the phone function. I am much more corncerned about someone gaining access to my personal information than I am about someone making calls on my lost device.
    It is impractical to unlock my phone every time I place a quick call, especially when making 10 to 30 per day. Given the choice, forget about locking down the phone function.
    I hope your listening Palm.
    Try Kidzone. It allows you to password protect the phone and only allow certain apps to run. I have it set up for games so my kid can play with my treo and not dial clients like he used to. I'll see if it will allow the phone app to run inside of it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. However, it is the PDA portion of my unit that I want to protect, not the phone function.
    you can control what runs and what doesn't from this program.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    KidZone is not a serious Security application:

Quote Originally Posted by KidZone Website
    Note: By its nature Kid Zone is a security application. The level of protection it provides is only sufficient to keep minors and uneducated users away from the other applications. It shouldn't be trusted as a general-purpose security access application, as it can be worked around by power users.
    If you want quick access to your device but still with a password Warden's "Quick Access" is the easiest that I've found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden Website
    Quick Access Password
    User now has the option to define a password using the hard application launching keys for Phone, Calendar and Email for quick and easy access. This password is independent of above defined Secure Password.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    I heard Warden had issues with the remote locking feature, or am I wrong?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I heard Warden had issues with the remote locking feature, or am I wrong?
    I've read some complaints about the Professional version touting the ability to remote lock your lost device by calling Warden's phone number... but that not being functional yet. As far as I've tested, the remote lock via SMS works. But I've only been using Warden (Standard) for a few weeks.

ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)