1.    #1  
    After the much anticipated release of the iPhone, will this FINALLY be a wake up call for the folks at Palm considering the CEO admitted they will loose profits. From a simple logical point of view, one would think when you have competition from Apple, RIM, and others, you would learn and mimic from the competetion and try to stay ahead of the game, specially if you are the older one in the industry. I use to laugh months ago reading the articles that people wrote about Palm burrying themselves and I am truely starting to believe it. They take way too long to react to change in the marketplace and technology and desgin tend to be out dated.
    MUST have's going forward in order to survive an ever changing Smartphone Market:
    1. GPS
    2. Wifi
    3. Slimmer Thinner Design
    4. 2MP camera WITH FLASH
    5. LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS (this should be # 1) lol

Please feel free to add on to this list if I am leaving anything out. But the other downside is Palm does not even make any press releases to let the customers know that ok something IS COMING be patient and this way they loose TONS of customers.
    These threads are so old and boring now... seems we would be tired of asking palm to do the obvious.

I think many of us (including me) have been with palm since the mid 90's and find it hard to let an old friend pass... palm has been with me through thick and thin, better and worse, and from hell and back.

A thread like this comes along every week or so.... with people begging palm to do this or do that... guess we will know once we are all off the palm addiction since these threads won't appear anymore.

Nice post, BTW... I do agree with you (well, the camera could be a 5 MP).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    1. GPS
    2. Wifi
    4. 2MP camera WITH FLASH
    Arnt these the specs of the HTC Vogue?

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I hope not - I'd hate Palm to downgrade to QVGA screens!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    On the OP, I wouldn't particularly want a camera with a flash - well OK if it weighed nothing and didn't use electricity, but not a real-world flash. And for me 3G is more important (and largely, though not totally an alternative) than WiFi.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Palm is like the ex you keep going back to because it is comfortable and safe. All I want is a phone that can sync a calendar and contact db well and not in a proprietary format. Palm does this well, but with little innovation in recent years.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    After the much anticipated release of the iPhone, will this FINALLY be a wake up call for the folks at Palm considering the CEO admitted they will loose profits. From a simple logical point of view, one would think when you have competition from Apple, RIM, and others, you would learn and mimic from the competetion and try to stay ahead of the game, specially if you are the older one in the industry. I use to laugh months ago reading the articles that people wrote about Palm burrying themselves and I am truely starting to believe it. They take way too long to react to change in the marketplace and technology and desgin tend to be out dated.
    MUST have's going forward in order to survive an ever changing Smartphone Market:
    1. GPS
    2. Wifi
    4. 2MP camera WITH FLASH (why not 3MP)
    5. LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS (this should be # 1) lol

Please feel free to add on to this list if I am leaving anything out. But the other downside is Palm does not even make any press releases to let the customers know that ok something IS COMING be patient and this way they loose TONS of customers.
    Let's add dual mode CDMA and GSM like the new 8830 from BB. It's true that we love Palm devices or we would not be on this forum. Palm has failed it's user base that made it strong. That's why we are open and looking. I have said before in this forum that if the money Palm had been invested in the Treo and not the foleo maybe Palm would have had the market focus yesterday with the Thin Linux Treo with new graphical interface with the above options adding the above plus

CDMA & GSM (like the BB 8830)
    True BT voice dialing
    AD2P

Then you would have a device that wows

Please Palm listen before it is too late.

a note on Palm blog, they really do not address the issues or question presented. but they do allow bashing (very surprised)
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    I have seen the video of the touch flow, impressive, can Palm put that tech on the linux treo?

I will try the 8830 next week and probably try out this phone (HTC's Vogue) if Sprint gets the phone this year.

so I guess the choices are (Sprint & Verizon users)

HTC-VOGUE (hope that Sprint & Verizon get their act together and pursue this phone with vigor! I personally do not like the slide out keyboard to the side, some users may.
    800w
    Rim's BB 8830

Palm's Linux Treo (when??)

I guess there will be a few choices, I tried the 700wx but returned it.
    I hope the Win Mobile 6 is snappier! (haven't played with it yet)
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Ditto for what's been written.

Wifi, 2 mb camera with flash would be sweet. Borrowing the iPhone's screen design would be good. A better browser. More storage capacity, ='s a 32 gig card. With that much storage and a Foleo (I'm liking the idea of a Foleo more and more), I'd never carry my laptop.

I used a III briefly, then with the V, it was on. I was on the beta for Omnisky. I remember when you called Palm and they helped you.

So yeah, I'm a Palmie. My 700 nearly caused me to give up, but then came the 755, which has been really good for me. The iPhone is certainly appealing, but right now, it's missing a few things I really need.

I'm hoping Palm answers the bell, comes out with the next Treo.