Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Call and Answer - Bare Naked Ladies
    Mission Impossible
    White and Nerdy (My ex-husband)

Various others are my contacts favorite songs...
    Beatles, Hello, Goodbye
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Call and Answer - Bare Naked Ladies
    Mission Impossible
    White and Nerdy (My ex-husband)

Various others are my contacts favorite songs...
    Hi Christina - oh yeh, you've got to post "white and nerdy" for us....
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    "Loud Aria" - Treo ROM
    "Linus & Lucy" - (Charlie Brown)
    "Dirty Deeds..." - AC-DC
    "Oh Yeah" - Yello
    "Shake It Up" - The Cars
    Known Caller- As Vrea/K-Pital
    Unknown Caller- Hei/K-Pital (I like them a lot, lol)
    BF's- Diet Pepsi/Wesley Willis. It goes "F*** you, f*** you!" repeatedly. It fits him cause he's a pottymouth but but it's horribly embarrassing when he calls me when I'm out in public. Prolly gonna change that one soon...

Other random tones I use- Bylo I Proshlo/Russkiy Razmer, Malo ne Mnogo/Tanya Bulanova, Bach snippets, Harry Potter soundtrack snippets, now lately a few iPhone tones, a few techno tunes by BT, etc. I make almost all my own tones, I can't stand most people's mainstream crap so I like to be different.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Girlfriend - Trey Songz - Wonder Woman

My boys - Wu-Tang - Triumph

Family - Run D.M.C. - King of Rock (my last name is King)

Unknown/No caller i.d. - D.M.X. -What these beotches want from me
    Some of these songs are great, but how can you hear them? I mean for instance, call and answer is a great song, but a bit on the quiet side, no? I need ringers that are loud and obnoxious. Thats the only way I hear my treo. OT, I put phone technician in my rom and resets all the time!!!
    I had to restore my phone from a backup......and the ringtone from the last backup is Rambo First Blood Theme Song.
    I started this as a thread as well...how do you make mp3 file sinto ringtones?

A
    Quote Originally Posted by weesa20 View Post
    I started this as a thread as well...how do you make mp3 file sinto ringtones?

A
    I use wavepad to edit the files down to a few seconds, then save it as a low bitrate MP3 file.

I then use MiniTones to move the mp3 into memory. at this point the MP3 can now be used as ringtone using Palms Alert software and pocket tunes.

This is how I did it on my 755p.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Okay, I already have the mp3 on the device...can listen to it with pTunes...where/how do I get the alerts software?

A
    Okay, I already have the mp3 on the device...can listen to it with pTunes...where/how do I get the alerts software?

A
    Well like I said this is coming a Treo 755p user. I'm not sure how it is on the other Palm Treos, but i just goto preference and chose the ringtone under sounds and alerts section.

Also in contacts I can choose the MP3's under the contact details or group details.

ymmv
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    You can use Lightwav from Toysoft (currently in official release version 2.4) and keep all of your MP3s on your SD card (i.e., you don't have to use up RAM and the number of ringtones you use is limited only by your card capacity) and you use the Lightwav built-in player to play them. I don't even bother to edit my MP3s or store them to a lower bitrate. I just select from any of the MP3s I have on my card (I have over 4GB of MP3s) as my assigned ringtone, then Lightwav will allow me to select where in the song I want the ringtone to start.

A
    I think, by Palm's Alerts software, he was referring to the Sounds & Alerts preferences in your Treo.
    For my girlfriend : Fat Bottom Girls by Queen
    other: Crazy Train by Ozzy
    for my x: Sanitarium by Metallica

If you want loud and obnoxious then Crazy train is the way to go. The beginning where he yells "all aboard" works great.
    I am always against adding forums, but a wallpaper/ringtone forum would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    You can use Lightwav from Toysoft (currently in official release version 2.4) and keep all of your MP3s on your SD card (i.e., you don't have to use up RAM and the number of ringtones you use is limited only by your card capacity) and you use the Lightwav built-in player to play them. I don't even bother to edit my MP3s or store them to a lower bitrate. I just select from any of the MP3s I have on my card (I have over 4GB of MP3s) as my assigned ringtone, then Lightwav will allow me to select where in the song I want the ringtone to start.
    Is toysoft's software any better these days? I've used them in the past with my Treo 600/650 and I was happy not to need their software for my 755p.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I am always against adding forums, but a wallpaper/ringtone forum would be great.
    It would be nice to have that, and to upload files too. But i'm sure T|C doesn't want to get into ppl possibly posting copyrighted materials on the boards.

Buuuut what we could do is Create an pownce account and upload ringtones and other files there that we could download as we feel like it.

hmm, that would be very cool!

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    It would be nice to have that, and to upload files too. But i'm sure T|C doesn't want to get into ppl possibly posting copyrighted materials on the boards.

Buuuut what we could do is Create an pownce account and upload ringtones and other files there that we could download as we feel like it.

hmm, that would be very cool!

Timmay
    Any mods want to comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Is toysoft's software any better these days? I've used them in the past with my Treo 600/650 and I was happy not to need their software for my 755p.
    Danny (the developer) has made great efforts not only to fix any bugs, but to add all of the features people have asked for into the newest version of Lightwav. The result is a vastly superior product, IMHO, and I've seen posts from a number of other folks who thought the product too buggy in the past and now wouldn't want to have their Treo without (I'm definitely in that group!).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12