Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I read on mytreo.net that palm has decimated their staff that works on the WiFi portion/software. Hope that means that it is finished and will be released. Not!
    Why do you need wifi if you have an unlimited data plan?
    Wi-Fi is useful if you are in an area with poor or no EVDO coverage, but Wi-Fi is available.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    WiFi is NOT all about internet use! There are plenty of uses for WiFi in home networking that have nothing to do with a carrier's data use, and I for one am still longing to get it in my treo.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WreckRman2 View Post
    Why do you need wifi if you have an unlimited data plan?
    1. EV-DO isn't always available (especially in some office structures) yet wifi may be.
    2. EV-DO gives me internet access but not direct (non-vpn) access to my own (work or home) network with network printers, storage, sync sources, databases, etc. Also, when there are 5pc's in the house + multiple hand-helds, then network storage of music, movies and school/work/personal docs becomes the most effective way of storing and retreiving data.
    3. WIFI access to the internet is still faster, in most cases, than any of the current wireless broadband options.
    4. Additionally, I and others have multi-threat management appliances at work and home providing some extra protection for the brief times that the devices are used while part of the local network.