1.    #1  
    Anyone heard of a signal booster for the home?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    There are a bunch of them out there. Just do your research. There are multi-band and multi-frequency units that support both cdma/EV-DO and GSM and it's data flavors. Either way, get one that's just plug and go, rather than having to select frequencies. The benefits of a signal extender/amplifier not only include better reception and higher speed, but also extended battery life. Cell phones "think" they're closer to a cell tower so they don't use as much power.
    I was looking for a signal booster that is portable, meaning there is no need to hardwire a unit on the outside of a building/car then have another receiver inside of the building. I read some things that allude to such a beast, but I've never been able to find one.

I'm looking for one that I can use inside the building at work (and maybe at home or when traveling) as well as inside a car. Does anyone know of such a setup? TIA
  4. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Palm 5000 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony Clie T665 + Tmoble SIdekick > Sony TG50 (+Sidekick) > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > PPC-6700 > Treo 700wx