1.    #1  
    Oh yeah. Palm`s not in trouble. They are safe from the iphone. Palm`s innovative approach is just knocking the socks off the world.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1183...oo_hs&ru=yahoo

lol.
    Perhaps you could mention other parts of earnings report.

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Palm Inc. Thursday posted lower quarterly profit and revenue, even as it reported record sales of its Treo smartphones.
    The Treo has no need for thin,sharp,lite and Wifi.Palms future is the fooleo lol
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    Perhaps you could mention other parts of earnings report.

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Palm Inc. Thursday posted lower quarterly profit and revenue, even as it reported record sales of its Treo smartphones.
    Their record treo sales really didnt seem to have impressed the investors during after hours trading, did they?

Punch in rimm and palm on the yahoo stock quote box and take a look at after hours activity. I rest my case. That pretty much says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Their record treo sales really didnt seem to have impressed the investors during after hours trading, did they?

Punch in rimm and palm on the yahoo stock quote box and take a look at after hours activity. I rest my case. That pretty much says it all.
    They could have been King of the SmartPhone Market!. Are post's on the Treo Central slowing down? I used to post almost daily! Not any more. going to try the Blackberry next week. I still have a question, why has Palm not taken care of us?
    Never trade after hours. I'm not stupid. Love my TREO but have owned AAPL since the mid seventies. Couldn't copy and paste from my screen but take a look at the last number. Its the one that should be lined up with gain/loss. Regardless, I'm selling tommorrow. Buy the rumors, sell the news.
    ps. I did the trade on my TREO.

Ticker Company name Last price Today's change Shares
    you own Current
    value Today's
    gain/loss Total
    gain/loss
    AAPL Apple Inc 120.56 -1.33 / -1.09% 500 60,280.00 -665.00 23,340.00
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    both palm and rimm reported earnings yesterday. Both are in the smartphone sector, but only rimm's reports resulted in dramatically positive investor response. Palm's stock value, which is anemic, as usual, compared to rimm's, plummets following their quarterly earnings.

Palm is repeatedly NOT hitting the mark with wall street at all.
    Not only would I not buy palm on news, but I wouldn't buy palm stock on rumor either. Didn't help them whatsoever when "the next big flop" was being hyped up.

(I typed this on my treo too.)
    Last edited by vw2002; 06/29/2007 at 07:01 AM.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Interestingly Palm's response to their troubles is to reduce costs by having ODM's doing their hardware R&D, and relying on WM, where obviously the OS development is being done by MS.

While I think expanding their WM product line is a good idea, I would be very concerned that they lose their ability (as anemic as it is now) to produce unique products, and end up shipping re-branded devices. That would be the end of Palm as a brand, when you can buy the HTC version of their device for cheaper somewhere else.

Surur
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    This is a direct effect of not treating us right with our 700p's

SERVES EM RIGHT!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...rop-in-profit/
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Noodle,

Good Find! Its about time that they are feeling the pressure. Right now im waiting to see what happens.. I practically stopped using my phone and am using my work BB which is way less glitchy than my Treo. Time will tell
    I hope palm goes to the ground; CHAPTER 11 PALM YOU DISSERVE IT
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Bill Gates should buy them... Then he would control Palm.. and Windows Mobile... Combine both and Possibly corner the market... Then it would only be Him, RIM and Apple... ::evil villain laugh:::
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I know that you are mostly kidding here, but please understand that Windows Mobile barely registers on the scale of units shipped for Cell phones world wide.

The Asian block will never bow to MicroSoft like the US does.

If you examine the quality and quantity of phones offered in Japan vs the US, for one example, you would be shocked at how much better phones they have available.

The US is way behind in technical development now days, and if you look a little bit, you may discover that a certain large company in Redmond is responsible.
    IMO, Palm has been resting on their laurels for too long, and the recent announcement that the Linux OS version for POS devices isn't going to be released until 2008 isn't helping them either, by the time that's released iPhone may well have cornered the phone market.
    garinballbarin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargoth View Post
    The US is way behind in technical development now days, and if you look a little bit, you may discover that a certain large company in Redmond is responsible.
    I think if you actually looked, you'd find that the state of "smartphones" in
    the USA is mostly dictated by the carriers, and not by Redmond at all.

The CDMA carriers certainly come to mind as a potent example of the above.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I hope palm goes to the ground; CHAPTER 11 PALM YOU DISSERVE IT
    Palm is already in the ground... the competition is trying to decide who kicks the dirt.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargoth View Post
    I know that you are mostly kidding here, but please understand that Windows Mobile barely registers on the scale of units shipped for Cell phones world wide.

The Asian block will never bow to MicroSoft like the US does.
    Actually Windows Mobiles is probably the 2nd most popular variety of smartphone sold in Asia (excluding China/Korea/Japan). Obviously Nokia sells way more Series 60 handsets, but the majority of people who buy these don't use any of the smartphone capabilities, they buy them as a status symbol. O2 and Dopod handsets (which are rebranded HTC devices) are fairly prevalent among the white collar set.

In China, the Motorola Ming rules among smartphones. Koreans prefer their Samsungs and LGs, but I wouldn't quite classify them as smartphones, rather extremely powerful feature phones. Similarly for Japan, their handsets tend to be powerful feature phones. Interestingly even Sharp and Toshiba seem to be going with WM for their smartphones.

Palm and Blackberry on the other hand barely register in terms of market share.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    This is a direct effect of not treating us right with our 700p's

SERVES EM RIGHT!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...rop-in-profit/
    I agree, but it's not just the Treo 700p owners, it's all of their customers in general.

I had two Treo 650s and now have two Unlocked 680s and the first phone had to be returned after 2 hours of use. Palm's support is absolutely horrible and of no help what so ever. Palm seems more interested in selling new Treos than in supporting the ones it has already sold. Oh well, I guess that's good news for RIM.
  19.    #19  
    It certainly is. I hope palm continues its stagnant pace. Im invested in rimm shares and want to see the huge stock price runup continue.

seriously. palm's phones are for some consumers and some small business people. They don't even step to the plate as a major player in corporate business phones.

Its finished. Blackberry is king and palm will be the perpetual also ran. That's it.