1.    #1  
    Hey,

Look at the pricing for Treos on the AT&T site.
    -The 680s are selling for $99.99 with a $200 rebate.
    -The 650 is selling for $99.99 with an online discount.

I called AT&T and the 650 is no longer orderable via their 800 number.

Seems to me that they are clearing stock for a new Treo... anyone agree? Whada you folks think? Will they do that more than 1 month in advance?
    The 650 was discontinued a good many months ago.
    The 680 was 'designed' to be an under $200 phone. It's simply following its market life.

GSM Treos come in the Fall, I wouldn't expect any before then.

Any stock clearing is due to the iPhone and the ease of support on the part of their side, not for customers.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I knew someone would mention the iPoon..

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Well making the Treo 680 cheaper can only be a good thing! Show it to your friend with the threaded TXT messaging, pTunes, Google Maps, and MunduIM for example and they will say it is as much as an iPhone... then show em the price on AT&T and you just got yourself a Treo convert! lol =]]
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Yeah but you did a 40+ data plan for that rebate card....

Whats more impressive is the $200 750, I'm tempted to jump on it, but I can't imagine giving up sero.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    Whats more impressive is the $200 750, I'm tempted to jump on it, but I can't imagine giving up sero.
    $200 750?! I just checked the AT&T site, and it is telling me the 750 is $399.99....

Base Price$999.99
    Company Discount-$599.99
    Web Discount-$.01
    Your Price*$399.99
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdelt View Post
    Yeah but you did a 40+ data plan for that rebate card....

Sure, go home and change it to the $20 plan. If it's a delayed rebate, wait until you get the rebate, then change it.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    This is what mine says for the Treo 750

Base Price: $549.99
    2-yr Contract Price: $399.99
    Mail-in Rebate Card -$200.00
    *Online Price $199.99

I am actually considering a 750 now, better camera and 3G. and it keeps all the stuff I love about the 680, well most. Threaded messenging and the Palm enhancements are neat! But I would miss the messaging and calendar buttons on the Palm OS Treo's.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I have been on the fence about both the 680 and the 750 for months. The thing that is holding me back is that I hear the both have garbage battery life. Can anyone speak to that especially on the 750.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    I have been on the fence about both the 680 and the 750 for months. The thing that is holding me back is that I hear the both have garbage battery life. Can anyone speak to that especially on the 750.
    Don't forget that the 750 is Windows Immoble. That alone is enough reason for me to say no.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    Can anyone speak to that especially on the 750.
    The battery on the 750 doesn't last as long as say the 650's but for me it's adequate. I haven't had it completely run out on me. I have got a spare battery in case that day ever comes
    I switch off between my 650 and 750. When I use the 750 I tend to plug it in during the day for a little while to get through. It's not bad, but it's not like my 650 with the extended battery either. I would recommend getting a spare battery with the 750.