Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As everyone here can tell by my posts, I love my Treo 755, and the Treo's before that and the Palm products I've had before that. But, when it comes time to change phones, I will NEVER get a Palm product again. I have never in my life had so many lies along with disrespect for a client as I have with their warranty service department (and I've dealt with AT&T). I have called five times for a tracking number and five times they have said that they would call me back within 24 hours. I'm still waiting for one of their calls. I just called again, and again they didn't have a tracking number, all they would say concerning it is that I should be receiving my phone on or before the 28th. On the 18th they charged me $25 to have it within 3-5 business days. I'll just bet they are waiting until they have a refurbished one to send. What would happen if I was without a working phone all this time?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Are you working with Palm or Sprint? Just for reference.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Are you working with Palm or Sprint? Just for reference.
    I just wrote a whole thing thinking that you meant "do I work" for them.

I am working with Palm, which is where Sprint told me I had to go since I had been under contract for over 30 days (34 to be exact). But I don't blame Sprint for any of this.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Rick, he's asking you if it's Palm or Sprint you're having the problem with. Not your employer.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Rick, he's asking you if it's Palm or Sprint you're having the problem with. Not your employer.
    I figured that out I guess while you were writing this and had corrected it. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    O.k., now I get it. He works for Palm. . .

rofl
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    So where is the problem, with Palm, AT&T or Sprint. I also don't understand how you can love the product, and never buy another?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    So where is the problem, with Palm, AT&T or Sprint. I also don't understand how you can love the product, and never buy another?
    I LOVE the product. But let me ask you something. If you went into a restaurant everyday and loved the food but everytime you went there the staff treated you like sh*t (not talking Ed Debeviks here), would you go back there and keep giving them money?

The problem with PALM is they make you call a toll number (not toll free) then they ALWAYS put you on hold forever (while they look up your file, actually typing your problem to someone here in the US I'm sure) then they tell you first that it will ship in 3-5 days but it's going to cost you $25 and to call the next day for a tracking number. Then when I call for a tracking number they repeat exactly what happened before (on the phone at least 30 minutes) and tell you they will call you back with the tracking number that evening. Then on Friday, five days and a few like calls later, they say that the order was cancelled. After waiting on the phone for 3/4 an hour they come on and say the order number had changed because they "fast tracked" it. They would call me back and let me know the tracking number. Did you get that call? Anyway, when I called last night, again, and they did the same thing, again, no tracking number and they will call me back, again (remember they've never called me back). That's when I had it up to here (pointing to my forehead) and wrote the message.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I have gone thru that with other vendors, I have been one of the fortunate to have had minor problems with my previous 600 & now 680. The problem is we just cannot change, meaning stuck in a contract and not liking WM, so I understand your frustration. btw I miss Ed's they closed the one here in Milwaukee.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I've had some real nightmares dealing with tech support and/or Sprint's customer service.

Basically, after years now of using a Palm, here's what I do.

1) No matter what, I don't call Palm or Sprint. I first use forums like this one. If I can't find the answer I need here, I keep looking. If that turns up snake eyes, I remove all traces of the Palm software, which includes Registry hacks, start over. FYI, I've only had to do this once. All other times, I've fixed it on my own, using these resources.

2) I have phone replacement insurance. If wiping out the phone and doing a clean install doesn't help, I "drop" my phone, then call Lockline and get a new one.

I've never understood why Palm uses Sprint -- basically minimum wage call center goons -- for their tech support. But then again, I don't want to rent space in my head to Palm, or to Sprint. So, I've just accepted that it is what it is, come up with my own brand of work arounds.

Is your post valid? You bet it is. I think you just need to come to terms that the phone industry is dominated by the low cost employee model. So, the chances of you getting someone on the phone who can concentrate -- or cares about -- anything else than quitting time, are not good.

I've never used another phone since the very first Treo came out. But I"m guessing that no matter where you go, there you are. That they all suck. Sprint sucks, AT&T sucks, they all suck.

The reason why I love the Palm so much is short of it landing in the tub, falling from the lift, or some other freak kind of damage, I can fix it on my own. Nothing you can do on the software side will kill it, you can always default back to fresh install.
  11.    #11  
    My complaint, again, has nothing to do with Sprint. The reason that I contacted Palm is because I had to for warranty exchange. The customer service I talked to said they were in the Phillipines. It's not Sprint's CS for Palm, it's Palm for Palm. I have the insurance but would never use that unless the phone actually did break as they only will replace it twice before they cancel the insurance. It's also fraud to purposely do anything like that so I wouldn't be broadcasting that either. I have a years warranty and I will use it when I have to.
    Your anger is completely justified... ANYONE who has gone through this travesty should murder EVERY SINGLE person they know. Palm is satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I LOVE the product. But let me ask you something. If you went into a restaurant everyday and loved the food but everytime you went there the staff treated you like sh*t (not talking Ed Debeviks here), would you go back there and keep giving them money?
    Ever hear of the soup nazi? NO SOUP FOR YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Your anger is completely justified... ANYONE who has gone through this travesty should murder EVERY SINGLE person they know. Palm is satan.
    This coming from the man with the custom m-16.

very nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv View Post
    This coming from the man with the custom m-16.

very nice
    WOW! you actually know G13!? Awesome!
  16.    #16  
    Just an update. I called Palm Tuesday evening and they again said it would be delivered on or before the 28th. Well, I'm on the phone now with them (the 28th) to get a tracking number, and guess what? It hasn't been shipped. There is trouble with the part number. I've been on hold for over 20 minutes as I type this. I can love their product as much as I could, but I swear I would NEVER buy another, and hope this thread helps anyone make up their mind. I honestly cannot believe what runaround I am getting from Palm...Again, nothing to do with Sprint, but I am hanging up and going to call them for help.
    Colligan needs to stop what he's doing right now this very instant, get off his arse, and be on a plane within the hour to wherever you are, hand-delivering a replacement, ready to grovel at your feet and beg your forgiveness. He's losing supporters, they are dropping like flies in a cloud of Raid. You, Merlyn, many others... and I'm not so sure Perry can even hang on much longer.

I wouldn't hold my breath, however, that that would ever happen.

I love my 650 as well, and do not want to move to another platform.
    All the stories about the 700P have made me reluctant to upgrade when it came out, now the MR problems some are still having makes me remain hesitant, and even the 700P has some lingering problems. (Verizon users don't have the MR or the 755P yet anyway). I am not sure they really, really get it, or that they even care anymore.

The iphone really, really looks tempting. Sure it's not 3g, but neither is my 650. If moving to an old 700P or a new 755P could wind up being a downgrade, I may as well consider an iphone. My contract is up. Why am I staying with expensive Verizon again?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  18.    #18  
    Now the results of my phone call to Sprint today. I am in possession of my new phone. I called retentions after Palm never picked back up on the phone with me and told her the entire story from start to finish. She asked for the phone number I've been calling and that she would see what they say and then call me back. In about 15 minutes she called back laughing. She said they told her that the new shipping date was July 6th, and she said that she didn't believe that and that she had a guy from my local store on conference with us. He said that he would warranty exchange the phone but there is a $50 charge. I said "I'm ready to pay that" (heck, I was paying Palm $25 to ship). She then broke in and said "don't you worry about that Mr. Green, I'm going to give you a service credit on your account for $50 for your troubles." I told him that I'd be there within the hour. I headed to the store and on the way she called me and said that she would wait until she saw the change before she cancelled the order with Palm. I got the phone with no problem at all. Now that is customer service. Thanks Sprint!
    Last edited by RickMG; 06/28/2007 at 05:47 PM.
    Retentions FTW! Those guys rock. They're seriously the only people at Sprint who haven't given me the run-around and actually gotten what I needed done, first try. The rest of their customer service can be a joke, but I'm glad retentions took care of you.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I went through a similar experience last week. While awaiting my sixth XV6700 devce from Verizon, I called for a tracking number last Friday. It was supposed to have shipped the Tuesday. As it turns out, Verizon never processed the order to ship it (despite forcing me to make multiple calls totalling +1 1/2hrs). At that point overnighting meant shipping on the coming monday and receiving it on Tuesday...3+ more days without a working phone. I then found out that after 3 replacements in any 90day period I could have chosenany equivalent device, but no one ever told us that. Also, we were now past a 90day window. I let the tech process the xv6700 "overnight" replacement. Then I got on the phone with Customer Care and had them review the entire account history. Finally, after 2 1/2 hours of total phone time I was able to run to a local store and pick up a 700wx just before closing. For my trouble they allowed me to get a 700wx as a free upgrade to the xv. The Q was the only "equivalent" device but I refused to go down to smartphone edition.
    It took 5hrs 20mins on the phone with Verizon plus 4days without a properly functioning cell. So, it'not just Palm and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Palm Pilot, Pilot Profession, III, Treo 300, M505, Treo 650, Palm T|X, XV6700, Treo 700wx
    Last edited by 1PTUser; 06/29/2007 at 12:38 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast