1.    #1  
    What is the difference between the 750 and the 755 other than Cingular offers one and Sprint the other?

Is there any advantage to one or the other? I have been with Sprint for about 6 years but I am thinking I may switch to Cingular. Which phone is better will influence my decision.
    The 750 runs on Windows Mobile. The 755 runs on Palm OS. The exterior of the phone is very similar though.
    As techiegirl mentioned, the 750 runs Windows Mobile. The 755p runs Palm OS. Also, the 750 is a GSM phone. The 755P is CDMA. The main advantage of the 750 is that it can be used internationally, if that is important to you.

750: http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar..._datasheet.pdf

755p: http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...p_brochure.pdf
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    The 750 runs on Windows Mobile. The 755 runs on Palm OS. The exterior of the phone is very similar though.
    Thanks for the reply. For someone like myself who has never used a Palm Device and is not fimiliar with Palm OS, would I be better going the Windows Mobile route in your opinion?
    Last edited by Bert30; 06/19/2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Typo
    Personally, I'd go with the phone service first and then choose the phone. Cingular might work for some people and Sprint might work for others. As cash70 says, it also depends on whether you have a need to use the phone internationally.

The 755 is the best Palm OS device I've had since the 600 (and I've had many of them). The 750 is the best WM5 Palm out there.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Personally, I'd go with the phone service first and then choose the phone. Cingular might work for some people and Sprint might work for others. As cash70 says, it also depends on whether you have a need to use the phone internationally.

The 755 is the best Palm OS device I've had since the 600 (and I've had many of them). The 750 is the best WM5 Palm out there.

Once again, thank you very much. I am still on the fence with Cingular versus Sprint and I was hoping one device being better than the other would push me to one side or the other.
    If the service is the same with both, think: Sprint = SERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert30 View Post
    Once again, thank you very much. I am still on the fence with Cingular versus Sprint and I was hoping one device being better than the other would push me to one side or the other.
    Questions:

1. Do you travel outside of the US on a regular basis?
    2. How is Cingular's/Sprint's coverage where you live and in the areas that you travel here in the US?
    3. How much would the plan cost with Cingular/Sprint taking data usage into consideration?
    4. Have you used Windows Mobile before? Do you like it?
    5. Have you used Palm OS before? Do you like it?

These are the questions I would be asking. Once you know the answers then you can ask more specific questions about the phones. I say this because it would make no sense, IMHO, to pick one because is better than the other if the coverage you need is not going to be provided by Cingular/Sprint.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Well, to say that the advantage of Cingular (AT&T) instead of Sprint is international use is not entirely true. You can use Sprint in Mexico, Canada and over 100 other coutries such as Central & South America, Israel and many others. The big difference is Europe. CDMA is not used for the most part in Europe.

The other phone you are talking about but nobody has mentioned that I saw was the Treo 680, which is about the same as the 755 without the ability for high speed internet and the camera is not as good.

Personally, I think the windows is harder for someone to learn than the palm but that's just my opinion. I cannot however understand why anyone would want to pay at least $40 per month for internet with AT&T or Verizon if you don't plan on travelling to Europe quite a bit. Sprint is only $15 for unlimited internet. How great is that?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Sprint is only $15 for unlimited internet. How great is that?
    I could not find that plan on Sprint's website. The website stated that unlimited data was 59.99. How did you get that plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Well, to say that the advantage of Cingular (AT&T) instead of Sprint is international use is not entirely true. You can use Sprint in Mexico, Canada and over 100 other coutries such as Central & South America, Israel and many others. The big difference is Europe. CDMA is not used for the most part in Europe.
    For some of us, Japan is a biggie. The 750 supports 3 bands of UMTS (which is sort of the successor to GSM) as well as 4 bands of GSM. UMTS 2100 is widely supported in Japan now. As a result the 750 is my first true "world phone" that I can use in the US, Europe, and Japan.

If it weren't for that, I probably would have bought the 680, because I'm a past Palm OS fan (Tungsten was my last one). But I "had" to get the 750. Now that I have it, I'm pretty happy with Windows Mobile instead. There are pros and cons both ways.