1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

I have a Treo 650 that I'm getting ready to sell. I've never sold a cell phone on ebay so I was hoping I could have some advice on selling it on ebay and getting the most out of it. I know there is the obvious of doing a hard reset and setting it to factory but is there anything else I should be concerned about?

I have extras I'm going to sell with it (1gb card, vinyl sticker, holster, silicon sleeve). The phone is in excellent condition with no scratches anywhere. Right now, it has a lime green vinyl sticker/cover on it. Would I have a better chance of selling with it on or should I take it off (or does it really matter)?

Once sold, is there anything I need to do for the buyer to be able to activate it? Is there any damage that can be done to me if they have the ESN number? Obviously, It'll be disconnected from my account before selling..

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    No need to take it off, let the new owner do it.

If its a Spring/Verizon phone, you want to post the esn(?) number so people can check and make sure its ''clean'.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    No need to take it off, let the new owner do it.

If its a Spring/Verizon phone, you want to post the esn(?) number so people can check and make sure its ''clean'.
    I don't think you want to post the ESN number. I don't remember why but it seems like that was a bad thing. There is someway you can be scammed. Can anyone help me out here?
    Every Sprint/Verizon auction on ebay post its ESN number, whats the big deal. It's like posting your license plate on the web. Sure somebody may use it but you are going to sell it anyway so what's the difference?
  5.    #5  
    Most of the other treo auctions I saw either didn't have the ESN or said that the ESN will be given to the buyer after payment is received. Unless I over looked it, I didnt see any with the ESN poster.
    This is why (from SprintUsers):

I once sold a Sanyo 4500 on eBay. I was asked for the ESN by an interested "buyer". I answered and the ESN was advertised in the Q&A section of the auction. Someone took the ESN, had the ESN activated on their line, and made a lost/stolen claim against insurance though they never had physical posession of the phone. It took me two solid months to get it straightened out. Had I not had original receipts and the cooperation of the actual winning bidder, it could have been much worse. Lesson learned, I will never advertise another ESN to the general eBay population. I will always check the member history of anyone who requests it and send it, maybe, on a case by case basis.