1.    #1  
    Do the batteries for the treo 650/700 stop holding a complete charge?
    what is the lifespan of one of these batteries?

Is there a difference in lifespan of the palm vs seidio batteries?

alan.mushnick@verizon.net
    Alan Mushnick
    My experience is that they usually die slowly. I replace mine approximately yearly under heavy use.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Agree with Tony. Lithium batteries will degrade somewhat after a year or so. I've also found that heavy use (rundown, charge-up, rundown, charge-up) , as well as leaving them on the charger almost all the time, will still result in degraded performance after a year or so. Leaving them in the drawer for a year (assuming they are not fully discharged - maybe just occasional topping off), surprisingly, will make them last longer (in calendar time)

-Frank
    Yep, lithium batteries are great for "no memory" and "energy to weight ratio", but they pale in comparison due to shorter life span.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ion_battery

Disadvantages
    A unique drawback of the Li-ion battery is that its life span is dependent upon aging from time of manufacturing (shelf life) regardless of whether it was charged, and not just on the number of charge/discharge cycles. So an older battery will not last as long as a new battery due solely to its age, unlike other batteries. This drawback is not widely publicised.[6]....

....Li-ion batteries are not as durable as nickel metal hydride or nickel-cadmium designs and can be extremely dangerous if mistreated. They are usually more expensive.....

....Guidelines for prolonging Li-ion battery life:
    Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries should be charged early and often. However, if they are not used for a longer time, they should be brought to a charge level of around 40%. Lithium-ion batteries should never be "deep-cycled" like Ni-Cd batteries.[7]
    Lithium-ion batteries should never be depleted to below their minimum voltage, 2.4v to 3.0v.
    Li-ion batteries should be kept cool. Ideally they are stored in a refrigerator. Aging will take its toll much faster at high temperatures. The high temperatures found in cars cause lithium-ion batteries to degrade rapidly.
    According to one book,[12] lithium-ion batteries should not be frozen (should not be stored below -40 C), because most lithium-ion battery electrolytes freeze at approximately −40 C (this is much colder than the lowest temperature reached by household freezers, however).
    Li-ion batteries should be bought only when needed, because the aging process begins as soon as the battery is manufactured.[7]
    When using a notebook computer running from fixed line power over extended periods, the battery should be removed and stored in a cool place so that it is not affected by the heat produced by the computer.[7] ...
    http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...on-battery.htm
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    my 600 battery just died after a year of use, no slow drain nothing but dead, replaced it and was good to go for another year.