1.    #1  
    Just curious...I dialed Moviefone on my Treo (212-777-3456) using the numbers on the QWERTY keyboard (which I prefer to use when dialing). Once you get into the Moviefone voice queue, you're required to enter the first three letters of the movie you want to see and so on. I assume the QWERTY numbers are useless for this operation and you have to use the LCD screen pad (which I hate using). Is there a way around this?
    There is, but I don't remember which key to press to trigger it.

You have a Treo why don't you just use movies.yahoo.com?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    There is, but I don't remember which key to press to trigger it.

You have a Treo why don't you just use movies.yahoo.com?
    Well,honestly didn't know I could...not familiar with the channels yet. Although I'm digging the Treo so far, isn't it just quicker to make the call?
    When your call is answered touch the icon on the far right of the phone screen and it will bring up the keypad. You can then see what letters are on each number and then just use the qwerty keyboard numbers that correspond if you want.

Oh, and why was this post narrowed to the New York/New Jersey area?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I use the Fandango link from the mobile home portal - has movie reviews and to me gives me MUCH better content than just calling MovieFone (that's so 1997 to me!).

You have an internet device dude - use it!
    I can press 5-7 buttons to get to my bookmarked yahoo movie theater, there is no way you can make a call faster.

I would be surprise if your call is connected before I get to my page.
    I live in PA now, and used to live in Jersey, but why is this only a question for NY/NJ residents?
    Quote Originally Posted by qstorm View Post
    Well,honestly didn't know I could...not familiar with the channels yet. Although I'm digging the Treo so far, isn't it just quicker to make the call?
    Why not just use On Demand?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    When your call is answered touch the icon on the far right of the phone screen and it will bring up the keypad. You can then see what letters are on each number and then just use the qwerty keyboard numbers that correspond if you want.

Or, switch to speakerphone and then bring up the touchpad, like suggested above.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The QWERTY numbers are not useless.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post

Yeah, I guess that should work. In regards to NY/NJ, I figured only residents in that area would know what Moviefone is. Maybe some people in Connecticut.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I live in PA now, and used to live in Jersey, but why is this only a question for NY/NJ residents?
    I thought that Moviefone was only available in the tri-state area. Didn't think anyone else would know the reference.
    Maybe living in Jersey for 30 yrs I assumed that is was a nationwide feature.
    My bad.