1.    #1  
    I just upgraded to the 755 from the 650 and need to know how I should prepare the 650 to be sold. I will do a hard reset, but beyond that I'm not sure if anything else needs to be done. I am with Sprint - does that mean the phone will only work with Sprint going forward? Do I advertise it as a 'locked' or 'unlocked' phone? That kind of thing. I'd appreciate any help.
    Look at this link to show how I sold mine. I started the auction at $75 with a $150 buy it now price plus $12.00 shipping (it actually cost $12.60 priority).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220117084292

To answer your question, yes, it will only work on Sprint and the words locked or unlocked do not apply to a Sprint phone. Just tell the truth of the condition and screen. Feel free to copy my ad word for word if your phone is in as good of condition, just change the words that apply. Good luck, you'll love your upgrade.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Do a zero-out reset, not a hard reset.
  4.    #4  
    Peter, what's a zero out reset?

Rick, that was a great price, and a nice ebay listing.

thanks again
    Here are instructions for all the resets on the 650 including the zero out reset
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650Resetting

The zero reset allows a more secure wipe of your Treo to minimize the chances of someone recovering your data.

TIP for step 5: put the stylus into the back of your treo and rest the other end of the stylus on your leg while sitting down. This will make the stylus point straight up with your Treo facing up to you. You can then press down on the Treo to push in the reset button. This combined with all the other key presses of a zero reset (linked above) seemed to be the easiest way to accomplish it IMO.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/16/2007 at 08:29 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Thanks stroths, I'll probably try it Monday.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks RickMG, for your advice and verbage from your Ebay listing. I put my 650 up this afternoon and it sold this evening.
    Stroths, thanks for the instructions on the zero out reset, it worked just as described.
    This is a timely post as I'm getting ready to sell my 650 after upgrading to a 755p as well. Thanks for the tips, and congrats, kgilbersten, on a quick sale!
    I would advise you to keep the 650 as a spare. If your 755 fails, or is stolen, or is lost, or is damaged, or is dropped in the pool, you will have the trusty 650 handy to act as a stand-in.

Otherwise, you are looking at a big problem. Think about it.... what would you do in case your new phone stops working for any reason?

This applies to any phone at all! I am not trying to assert that Treo phones are unreliable. Anything can happen and these babies are critical (at least to me) these days.

I sold my 650 back to the upgrade program (which is another story) but later my 680 sound stopped working and I had no phone! 30 days to get a warranty repair from Palm!! My other option was to buy a new phone at full cost for the interim period.

Keep the 650 in a safe place.
  10.    #10  
    I suppose we should all have a spare phone laying around, just in case. But the 650 is still worth some real $$, which is why I sold mine. The end cost of my 755 will be somewhere around $75-$100. I do still have my old Sanyo 4900, which is a great phone, for my 'backup' in case the 755 gets lost, stolen, damaged, or needs repair. Heck, I could even buy a phone on Ebay if I needed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    I suppose we should all have a spare phone laying around, just in case. But the 650 is still worth some real $$, which is why I sold mine.
    Those were my thoughts exactly. I sold mine and my wifes 600. Those together with the $50 coupon credit, $25 referal debit card, I feel like I bought the 755 for a profit of $46. Ad the SERO plan at a savings for my wife and myself of over $80 per month from what we were paying Verizon, and I feel (I know it's only a feeling) like they are paying me.

Congratulations on your quick sale, looks like yours was treated as good as mine was. I like mine to always look like a new phone for some reason (I'm nuts is the real reason) so they are treated with kid gloves. By the way, the case you sold came new with a 700 my brother bought off ebay and I am using it for my 755. Just cut off the antenna strap and used a leather watch band puch to punch out the speaker holes. Works great, glad he likes the skins.
    Last edited by RickMG; 06/29/2007 at 12:55 AM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Congratulations on your quick sale, looks like yours was treated as good as mine was. I like mine to always look like a new phone for some reason (I'm nuts is the real reason) so they are treated with kid gloves. By the way, the case you sold came new with a 700 my brother bought off ebay and I am using it for my 755. Just cut off the antenna strap and used a leather watch band puch to punch out the speaker holes.
    I had a screen saver on the 650 from day 1 - my wife thinks I'm a bit off, but hey, it paid off, right? I have another one of those cases, so I might try adapting it for the 755. I had actually cut out the plastic that covers the keyboard on the 650 with an exacto knife - I found it much easier to use the keypad.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
    This is a timely post as I'm getting ready to sell my 650 after upgrading to a 755p as well. Thanks for the tips, and congrats, kgilbersten, on a quick sale!
    Thanks Sabrina. (Sorry, I missed your post before.)
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Here are instructions for all the resets on the 650 including the zero out reset
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650Resetting

The zero reset allows a more secure wipe of your Treo to minimize the chances of someone recovering your data.

TIP for step 5: put the stylus into the back of your treo and rest the other end of the stylus on your leg while sitting down. This will make the stylus point straight up with your Treo facing up to you. You can then press down on the Treo to push in the reset button. This combined with all the other key presses of a zero reset (linked above) seemed to be the easiest way to accomplish it IMO.
    Thanks for the link and advice! Excellent info!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Is there any way to truly eradicate the chances of someone being able to recover any data? All of my splash ID data being the most detrimental that I'd want no remnants of.