1.    #1  
    I heard from HowardForums a while back that Treo 750 refresh would be coming around september time period. Now rumors about Treo 800w.... could that be the refresh??? Any possibility of 800 model on cingular network or if another Treo 750 refresh is planned for cingular.... I am holding myself not to use my upgrade status just for Treo refresh.... any infos please!!!!!!!
    If that's the case, I guess ill just be hangin onto my 650 for 2 more years.
    I am on that same fence. I have had my treo 650 for three years and I have been eligbile for over a year. I want to upgrade to a Treo 750, but I can't take the battery life that people say it has.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    I am on that same fence. I have had my treo 650 for three years and I have been eligbile for over a year. I want to upgrade to a Treo 750, but I can't take the battery life that people say it has.
    Battery life is all that holds you from upgrading?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Any current 3G Treo is going to have lower battery life than its non-3g siblings. That coupled with the smaller battery will cause a lower battery life. There are extended batteries available that will give you much more life at the expense of a fatter/thicker Treo.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Battery life is all that holds you from upgrading?
    Maybe battery is a big problem for some folks, but my 680 lasts me all day with Chatter and VeriChat online. My wife doesn't use data apps and hers lasts for 3 days without charging.

If you make a LOT of phone calls, or quite a lot of phone calls and online data apps, you'll need to charge during the day or swap batteries.

But battery life would be quite lower on the list comparing to the 650 than the ram, stability, and even the nicer looking screen and form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonRM79 View Post
    I found that the 750 is the most user friendly WM device I have used so far. You can disconnect it for normal use. I realize that the reason for buying the UMTS device is for the faster speed but, unless you are surfing the internet or receiving an attachment, there is limited need for it to be operating. I was able to extend the battery life to that of a conditioned battery in the 680. It is still a power hog because of the programs operating in the background. I did notice that the 8525 upgrade (still WM5) from AT&T included the ability to actually use the "X" to close the program. I hope that this feature will be part of all WM devices in the future.
    IIIc-iPaq 3500, 3900, 2200, 4300-i705-SX56,SX66-T-T2-TC-600-650-8125-8525-8700-Pearl-680-iPhone-Tilt-AT&T Centro

There cant be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.