1.    #1  
    Just bought a Treo 755p and laid my Tungsten T5 to rest. Was using an app called Jot on the T5 which allowed me to use the entire screen as a Grafitti pad, but I guess Jot no longer exists (CIC is no longer supporting consumer use) and Palm tells me that Mobile Write is the only handwriting app that works with the Treo, BUT I CAN'T GET IT TO RECOGNIZE CAPITAL I as well as other letters and symbols. MW also doesn't recognize the COMMAND stroke very well either (the forward slash from bottom left to top right, followed by a command letter).%2
    Last edited by qstorm; 06/13/2007 at 08:22 PM.
    I suggest you check the way you've got it set up. I've got it set up so small letters are on the left 3rd of the screen, caps in the middle 3rd, and commands on the right. You can set it other ways though and that had me confused at first. I also had to practice some on their tutorial to get it to work well even though I've used Graffiti 1 for a long time.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I actually figured it out that you can set up the screen like Grafitti and it seems to be working fine. I do find that some of the tutorial character strokes don't work as well as the old Grafitti strokes. The letters k and t come to mind. And I also figured out the command stroke. So, yeah, once the demo is done, I'll buy it.
    You might fool around with the regular handwriting recognition too. It really works! But I prefer Graffiti.
    try microsoft transcribe program?

I tried it and it worked pretty amazingly- but i realized i prefer typing so I deleted it. its free at the ms site. worked on my treo 750
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    You might fool around with the regular handwriting recognition too. It really works! But I prefer Graffiti.
    Whoa! What's the regular handwriting recognition? Is this an app already loaded on the Treo?
    On the main menu of MobileWrite where it says Letters, select Letter Options. Then on the next screen change Graffiti 1 to Print. That allows you to print from left to write across the bottom of the touchscreen. I tried it for a couple of days and it worked well (after I practiced with the tutorial). But I'm a too used to Graffiti to go back to printing.

If a regular person needs to use your Treo for text entry it's an easy option for them.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmHead View Post
    On the main menu of MobileWrite where it says Letters, select Letter Options. Then on the next screen change Graffiti 1 to Print. That allows you to print from left to write across the bottom of the touchscreen. I tried it for a couple of days and it worked well (after I practiced with the tutorial). But I'm a too used to Graffiti to go back to printing.

If a regular person needs to use your Treo for text entry it's an easy option for them.
    OK, I know what you mean now. yeah, the print function is what I was originally having problems with. I'll stick to Graffiti. With Graffiti, you use the same strokes for characters, whether lower- or uppercase, just depends on where you write it onscreen. I think it's a pain to have to remember two different strokes for letters in lower and uppercase.
    I agree. I keep forgetting the symbol stuff in Graffiti also. So I end up using a mix of Graffiti 1 and the keyboard. That works fine for my purposes.