View Poll Results: How often do you use your Treo's stylus?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use the stylus a lot of the time

8 12.31%
  • I use the stylus half the time

17 26.15%
  • I rarely use the stylus

35 53.85%
  • What's a stylus?

5 7.69%
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just migrated from a TX to Treo and I still find myself reaching for the stylus a lot. How much do you still rely on the stylus? Is it more from habit or necessity?
    I hardly use the stylus anymore.
    If I switch to a BB I think I would regret not having a touchscreen. At times I am too lazy to take out the stylus and end up using my thumb.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Sorry for not seeing the thread from JANUARY.
    I just bought a 755p a couple days ago to replace my Tungsten T5, so I still prefer the stylus (only option with T5), but that could change.
    For me it's a question of convenience. If I can use the 5-way, I will. If using the 5-way means I have to walk a lot of links many times in a row, I'll pull out the stylus because it's faster.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    You weren't getting any responses here. I figured if you were REALLY interested in what members do about their styli, you could get more answers from that thread. I think people think this question has been done to death...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I just migrated from a TX to Treo and I still find myself reaching for the stylus a lot. How much do you still rely on the stylus? Is it more from habit or necessity?
    I nearly exclusively use the stylus. I find it is more natural for entering text (using Mobilewrite, Graffitti 1 option). It's like jogging down notes with a pencil on a small diary. Also entering text into fields is quicker than the five way button:-left, left, left, down. etc. centre button.

I also a use sketching program. So cannot skip the stylus here.
    Finally, the Treo keyboard is too small and I miss the keys often.

The only times I use the keyboard is to reply to sms, or when they stylus does not respond.

John
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I use it for reconciling accounts in splashmoney and for selecting icons in datebk 6 mainly.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm finding I use it for exclusive purposes, MegaLauncher is great but it doesn't have great 5 way support yet, so I use the stylus when doing file management chores there. I often have it in my hand while I type just in case. For quick stuff though I'm learning to leave it alone.
    Only to digitize the screen.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    A lot. And that's one reason why I like the Treo better than a BB.
    That's what the search function is for.. Stylus use hasn't changed since then, I suspect...

But anyway, I only use my stylus when I'm poking a lot of little bits of things, like if I'm entering 4-5 appointments. Otherwise, I always use my finger or thumb if I need to tap. I used to 5-way everything, but now that I use a naked 680 (with eGrips for tack!) I tend to use the touch screen a lot now.
    Same for me -- only when I absolutely have to use it. I actually get a tiny bit aggravated when I have to pull it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    I actually get a tiny bit aggravated when I have to pull it out.
    This is exactly how I feel.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hardly, ever use it, if I do, I used my finger or nail, only occassionally and most of the time, I don't even need a finger. But love a touch screen.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    never
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.