1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,
    So two weeks ago I got sick and tired of the BS that T-Mobile was giving me about the terrible cell coverage at my office and how they planed to fix it in 4 - 6 months so I told them if there is nothing left that they can do for me (free mins? discount on the Wing? buy me dinner?) I'm going to leave them. So with that I walked to a Sprint store and got the Treo 755p.

I didn't like the idea of a 2 year contract but I'm hearing about a way to get out of a contract twice a year so if I really need to bail for some reason I'm confident that I'll be able to get out of it. I gave the my T-Mobile information to Sprint and they said that they'll have my number ported over by 5pm (this was 1pm). Good deal I told myself and headed home with my new Treo. I was sooo happy to have the Palm OS again, the high res screen, and the keyboard. So I headed out to dinner at 4pm with both my Treo and my MDA just waiting for my new baby to be activated but it never happened, wtf...

The next morning I get a call from Sprint saying that they were having some issues porting my number (ya think?) and they said it ended with 7690, i told them my number was 7960 but they just yes'ed me off the phone and hung up with me. So my Treo starts working with 7690 (i feel sorry for whoever was using that number). I called Sprint and they said that they are really sorry blah blah blah. But two days later my Treo is up and running and i'm up and running with EVDO speeds and all the other goodies!

I'm really happy to have the Palm OS again. The Exchange sync works perrect (after sorting out one headache), Chatter is flawless, but the IM program Sprint gives you is a big letdown compared to VeriChat.

The response of the buttons is a little slow on the OS. I'll have to press the Power button twice sometimes to wake the device up. And i'm kinda bummed they have the old Phone app from the Treo 650 still rocking on this when the Treo 680 has such a nicer app.

The Mini SD doesn't bother me since I had a 1gig I used in my MDA, and i'm glad to see it's not on the Top where I can eject the card by accident at will. I'm looking forward to the 4gb cards dropping in price and putting TCPMP through the paces.

I'm looking forward to selling my MDA after the 30 days, using my Treo, and finding all the cool apps that makes the Treo Rock! Just don't tell my IT department i'm using it, they don't officially supported it but the Exchange settings work like a charm on it.

Timmay!

btw i'm sure this is at least the second time i've put up a post like this... hopefully i'll learn my lesson this time, stick with Palm
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Timmay!! Welcome back to the palm timmay 755p!!!! lol.
    whoops a daisy. double post.
    Congrats- i had the same exact feeling when i made it back to a treo- even if it was the 700wx...
    as far as the number porting goes... do you have your correct number given back to you? if not you should definitely call the FCC and see what they can do.

and as far as IT departments go- most don't care what you do until you start asking questions and needing help... unless you work for a bank...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Welcome back Tim!
    Welcome back heh.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    and as far as IT departments go- most don't care what you do until you start asking questions and needing help... unless you work for a bank...
    I did IT support in the past and what they don't know won't hurt them. I'm a smart guy and realized that if anything does go wrong it's my job to fix it. It'll keep my skills sharp

My biggest hangup has to be with the time it takes to exit Blazer and Chatter... oh well, small trade off!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about