1.    #1  
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I have been reading a lot of the threads that are being posted. What I need your help with as for a few other people is I am looking to get a treo and I had my eye set on the 700p but know I don't know which way I should go. I know the 755p just came out but as we all know a lot of the new phones that come out have problems when they first come out (updates and so on).

Now with that out of the way Can anyone of you give it to me straight with no chaser on which phone I should get and the pros and cons of the phone but what I am looking for in the phone is

1 Email as I have two email accounts (Yahoo & Aim) and I want to access both from the phone and know when new mail arrives.

2 Blue tooth (And the a good blue tooth head set that will allow me to listen to music (mp3's) )

3 Internet

4 least problems as I keep reading a lot about hard and soft reset.

5 And what is the best software for the phone that will help me in any kind of way to make my life easier.

Also any other kind of info/advise that you have to offer.
    I see a lot of threads but not one real dedicated to this issue.

Thanx

P.S. What is MR Update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eastwood View Post
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I have been reading a lot of the threads that are being posted. What I need your help with as for a few other people is I am looking to get a treo and I had my eye set on the 700p but know I don't know which way I should go. I know the 755p just came out but as we all know a lot of the new phones that come out have problems when they first come out (updates and so on).
    The 755p is a decent choice and it's stable.

Now with that out of the way Can anyone of you give it to me straight with no chaser on which phone I should get and the pros and cons of the phone but what I am looking for in the phone is

1 Email as I have two email accounts (Yahoo & Aim) and I want to access both from the phone and know when new mail arrives.
    Any of them will do this for you with varying degrees of success. Yahoo, you'll need the paid version of their mail; you can't access the free version except using one of their websites (they have a mobile version). Try the included VersaMail before you buy a mail program.

2 Blue tooth (And the a good blue tooth head set that will allow me to listen to music (mp3's) )
    Playing stereo music on Bluetooth is not natively supported by any Treo. Some people have had some success with Softick Audio Gateway.

3 Internet
    The new 755p will definitely support internet.

4 least problems as I keep reading a lot about hard and soft reset.
    Most resets are caused by conflicts between third-party programs.

5 And what is the best software for the phone that will help me in any kind of way to make my life easier.
    No one can answer this for you; you have to answer it for yourself. You need to know where your life is difficult first and know what problems you actually have before you can know how to solve them.

Get a 755p and use it for a while and make notes on where the standard programs aren't meeting your needs. It's only AFTER you have mastered the standard programs that you can determine what your needs are, and how much you might want to spend to meet them.

You may find that you already have everything you need with what Sprint and Palm supply.

Also any other kind of info/advise that you have to offer.
    I see a lot of threads but not one real dedicated to this issue.

Thanx

P.S. What is MR Update?
    Maintenance Release.

Always, ALWAYS, use what is supplied before you garbage your Treo up with a lot of programs that increase the likelyhood of problems. Read the manual front to back at least twice so you know what the Treo is capable of. Anytime someone tells you how great some program is, ask yourself what need YOU have that a program might meet. Chances are, it's nothing you need anyways, just a different way to do what you can already do today.

It's my belief that a good month of using a Treo with nothing extra on it will probably give you a pretty good idea of what needs you have that aren't being met.

Tom
  3.    #3  
    Thanx Tom I will follow what you said but if you have anymore info that you think would be helpful please let me know or anyone else for that matter.

Thanx again
    Right now, I would get a Treo 650 cheap and wait for the next great thing.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.