9,556 Global Posts
    hah - that's me punk'd.
    Ins that a WM smartphone?

Surur
    It is - someone mumbled about it being one of the new Palm devices. Ben
    Looking good too...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Hang on, is that the Gandolf one in colour? thought that was Palm OS?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Hang on, is that the Gandolf one in colour? thought that was Palm OS?
    that is the Gandolf--exact match.

Not sure about the OS though it'd make sense somewhat they'd do both versions...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The pic looks photoshopped with Zire 22 and LifeDrive buttons.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    The pic looks photoshopped with Zire 22 and LifeDrive buttons.
    i'm not sure how you evaluate such a blurry photo as photoshopped

but it does have the Palm serial numbers near the top, telltale sign of a test unit.

and seeing how it basically matches the "gandolf" mockup and what we know about Palm's plans, it seems legit to me.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    A legitimately fatally flawed keyboard. When will Palm just spring for some real focus groups who would tell them to stop repeating failures and correct what has been known for years?
    it looks sleek! that's what I've been waiting on palm to do is bring out a sleek device. hopefully this will be coming soon! I'm getting one as soon as it drops on sprint!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    that is the Gandolf--exact match.

Not sure about the OS though it'd make sense somewhat they'd do both versions...
    Different screen size and shape, different d-pad, different keyboard, slightly different body shape. But yeah, other than that, it's an exact match.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Different screen size and shape, different d-pad, different keyboard, slightly different body shape. But yeah, other than that, it's an exact match.
    c'mon samkin, you have to be blind not see the similarities between the two.

Obviously they are the same model, just different OS. One image is a mock-up, one is a real picture of some hitherto unseen, presumably Palm, device.

Last I checked, lots of devices have prototype builds that differ from initial mockup design and production units. Why do you find this so hard to fathom?

Remember this?
    http://www.productshub.com/images/sp...6800-large.jpg

That's now this:
    http://news.softpedia.com/images/new...9-s-Titan-2220

Discuss.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Obviously they are the same model, just different OS. One image is a mock-up, one is a real picture of some hitherto unseen, presumably Palm, device.
    Why not hit up all your deeply embedded sources at Vodaphone and get some real info?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It certainly looks like the same device to me...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Last I checked, lots of devices have prototype builds that differ from initial mockup design and production units. Why do you find this so hard to fathom?
    Give it up. That's not an "initial mock-up design." That's a crappy photoshop by some blogger.

No paid designer puts the screen off-center or draws in a button with two ovals, or pastes a keyboard crooked.

And why would Palm's initial mockup design from over a year ago ever get distributed at Sprint???

That looks like an official illustration. Apparently keyboard changed a little, but the rest of the design elements appear accurate.
    Sam - get over it.

Regards,
    dolo
    Give it up. That's not an "initial mock-up design." That's a crappy photoshop by some blogger.

No paid designer puts the screen off-center or draws in a button with two ovals, or pastes a keyboard crooked.

And why would Palm's initial mockup design from over a year ago ever get distributed at Sprint???
    But that begs the question: if you know how to use Photoshop, why would you do such a "crappy" job?

Seems if you're going to pull a hoax you'd be quite proficient at using PS.

Then this "hoax" image if followed by a real color photo (admittedly blurry and lacking in detail, not unusual unfortunately for such "leaks") which seems awfully coincidental.

As far as it being "from over a year ago", this Brighthand article from 2005 talks about the $200 mid-range family of devices--they obviously plan ahead. Though they have somewhat done this with the PalmOS Treos (755p/680), none for the WM.

Coupled with the fact we know that "... a full line of upcoming Treos heading to market later this year through early 2008. No additional details on possible operating systems or form factors are given.", plus some unseen/undefined Treo 800w device coming to Verizon in September, I think it's safe to put this in the definite plausible category.

Too much evidence is building form different sources, imo.

Whoever PS's the 1st crappy image probably did it from memory and did it fast so they could post it ASAP. Also maybe they didnt know a real pic would surface so soon after. I cant think of any other reason.

But does it really matter anymore? The real pics today are what we have to go on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast