Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Is it possible by an adapter to have 2 sim cards on the Treo?

John
    Never heard of that ! You cant use 2 at a time , so just cary the other one in a spare phone . You'll probably need it . But why pay for 2 sims?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Is it possible by an adapter to have 2 sim cards on the Treo?

John

John, have you thought about something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/12in1-Sim-Card-C...QQcmdZViewItem? I bought this Sim Max card from this seller and was able to duplicate my SIMs and they operated like they were supposed to.

Just FYI, there are other threads about this, including here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135998.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    John, have you thought about something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/12in1-Sim-Card-C...QQcmdZViewItem? I bought this Sim Max card from this seller and was able to duplicate my SIMs and they operated like they were supposed to.

Just FYI, there are other threads about this, including here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135998.
    Hi ChristieC,
    The information you sent looks interesting. Thanks a lot

John
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    From what I read so far these cards may have issue reading the new '3G' SIM cards from AT&T/Cingular. Also, the warning about the potential damage to the SIM card when doing the SCAN scares me a bit.

I'm too interested in this solution. I will be travelling to Hong Kong (though it won't happen until a few months later) and I'd like to put both my AT&T/Cingular 3G SIM and a Hong Kong SIM card in my Treo 750 - so that I won't miss any important phone calls from the States while I can make and receive calls in Hong Kong locally at a discounted rate.

ChristieC: Do you have an AT&T/Cingular 3G SIM card?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    From what I read so far these cards may have issue reading the new '3G' SIM cards from AT&T/Cingular. Also, the warning about the potential damage to the SIM card when doing the SCAN scares me a bit.

I'm too interested in this solution. I will be travelling to Hong Kong (though it won't happen until a few months later) and I'd like to put both my AT&T/Cingular 3G SIM and a Hong Kong SIM card in my Treo 750 - so that I won't miss any important phone calls from the States while I can make and receive calls in Hong Kong locally at a discounted rate.

ChristieC: Do you have an AT&T/Cingular 3G SIM card?
    Newer SIMs cannot be cloned....
    They use a new version of the security mechanism that cannot be broken using the old method. Only brute force will work, but that will take _forever_, unless someone comes out with a new method...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    Newer SIMs cannot be cloned....
    They use a new version of the security mechanism that cannot be broken using the old method. Only brute force will work, but that will take _forever_, unless someone comes out with a new method...
    That concludes my dream (and goes along the line with my research).
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    All GSM phones that I've owned (including Treos) support 2 lines of service using 1 sim card.

When I tried to add another T-Mobile account to the second line on my T-Mobile sim, I was told I could not. Apparently US carriers do not support the necessary billing information.

A bit more research led me to believe that non-US carriers do support the second line.
    Last edited by DHAnderson; 06/18/2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Oops, left out a word.
    There's a menu option in SIM Services of my unlocked Treo 680, I'd love to be able to use work and private SIMs in one phone. If this will never work does anyone have a case with pockets for an extra SIM?