Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 94 of 94
  1. #81  
    The back is such a letdown... and truly horrible.
  2. #82  
    That is NOT the real back. Im sure this device will be relatively thin for a treo.

    Surur
  3. #83  
    I know ppl are talking about the screen orientation among the photo's that have come out and one thing that i have noticed was the Keyboard.

    The Black model with Palm OS has a keyboard with a shorter space bar and a menu button. While the Windows Mobile version has a longer space bar and no menu button. It's hard to tell but you can see this from the pictures.

    So Palm will have more Treo's then PDA's by years end, i'll miss the stand alone PDA. like i miss that ingrown toenail i had last month.

    Timmay


    --------

    btw the Lifedrive called and wants it's D-pad back
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 06/10/2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: whitty comment
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    ...
    Thanks for crashing the party their surur. Actually, remember the Inventec Mercury that got FCCed. That's the first thing I thot of when I saw the Vodaphone version.
    I thought you might be having them on, but you seem so serious, and these days you dont really need to invent things to find a reason to make fun of Palm - heard of a little device called the Fooleo ?

    Surur
    Last edited by surur; 06/10/2007 at 12:32 PM.
  5. #85  
    I've not seen mention of it anywhere but it seems to me (especially in the blurry colour photo version) that the device could be designed to fold just below the screen (hence the very flat face and little raised edge).

    Once folded that would make a seriously small smart phone and one that I would happily swap my ageing 650 for. All I really want is a GSM Treo with palm/linux and WiFi. If I am going to be forced to WM then there are so many more interesting designs to consider. Maybe the 800p will be the answer but it has to be GSM for the UK market and it sounds like it will be the same old (boring, but functional) form factor.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I know ppl are talking about the screen orientation among the photo's that have come out and one thing that i have noticed was the Keyboard.

    The Black model with Palm OS has a keyboard with a shorter space bar and a menu button. While the Windows Mobile version has a longer space bar and no menu button. It's hard to tell but you can see this from the pictures.
    The Windows Treos don't have menu buttons. They use softkeys. But you are right, the windows treo looks to have one less key (instead of making it an extra shift key like they did with existing windows treos).
  7. #87  
    That thing is stunningly ugly. I mean truly, truly repulsive. I think I know who was fired this week at palm. You really have to laugh because its difficult to design devices this unattractive, but palm is achieving it. Amazing.
  8. emajy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #88  
    Gandolf specs??

    Here is the link:
    http://gadgetsonthego.net/2007/06/ru...olf-specs.html
  9. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy View Post
    That link seems to suggest that the touchscreen is what keeps Treos bulky. If that's the case, can someone tell me how Apple manged to fit a touchscreen, 4-8GB worth of flash memory, plus wi-fi and gsm chipsets into a device as thick as an ipod?
  10. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy View Post
    wow, someone besides Jimmy plugging his own site! that's a first

    I'm really curious what this treo without a touch screen will feel like from a user standpoint. Bring it on!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  11. #92  
    I can believe a QVGA WM Treo for compatibility with existing WM apps. That would make sense.

    And 256 MB is quite a stretch for Palm, but sure, it's possible.

    But QVGA Palm OS Treo? I don't see the point of breaking compatibility with existing Treo apps just before switching to a new OS. I don't believe.
  12. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I can believe a QVGA WM Treo for compatibility with existing WM apps. That would make sense.

    And 256 MB is quite a stretch for Palm, but sure, it's possible.

    But QVGA Palm OS Treo? I don't see the point of breaking compatibility with existing Treo apps just before switching to a new OS. I don't believe.
    Pictures of the WM6 and Palm treo's have shown that there are two different screens on the the two handhelds as well as two different keyboards. I would be shocked if palm departed from their 320 x 320 screen using FrankenGarnet.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  13. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreen View Post
    That link seems to suggest that the touchscreen is what keeps Treos bulky. If that's the case, can someone tell me how Apple manged to fit a touchscreen, 4-8GB worth of flash memory, plus wi-fi and gsm chipsets into a device as thick as an ipod?
    Exactly...
    >>>to make a Treo as thin as a Dash, BlackJack and Q will mean no touchscreen...
    >>>
    That is so lame an excuse for the current thick-as-a-brick Treos... A touch screen needn't add much of anything to the thickness of a device, witness Palm's own PDAs, like the Palm V or M500, or the Apple iPhone which is as thin as PDAphones get, or the HTC Touch. A quick look at the innards of any touch screen devices will confirm that it adds barely nothing to the thickness of the screen itself. Palm just can't engineer state-of-the-art devices.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions