1.    #1  
    i have a 750 and am thinking of going to a 680 because of the screen being a lot more readable and nicer being 320x320. and palm os is a lot easier and more stable to run.

my question is how drastic of a difference is there from windows5 to the new palm system? will push email still work the same? i have a treo 650 and 600 as well. if its like that then i might switch.

with the screens tho, is the 680screen 65k 16 bit color? like the 750.
    Well, the biggest difference will be going from 3G to 2G, won't it?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Answer to thread title: YES.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    Answer to thread title: YES.
    Perhaps not, if the OP only uses the phone in locations that haven't got access to 3G.

The 680 is a nice device.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    680 is nice. I just wish we can get a OEM sized 2100 extended battery like the 755P!!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne View Post
    Well, the biggest difference will be going from 3G to 2G, won't it?

i live in the Pocono mountains lol, ill probably never see 3g in my life. they always say well it will be there, probably when the treo 1600 comes out (sarcasm)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Perhaps not, if the OP only uses the phone in locations that haven't got access to 3G.

The 680 is a nice device.
    yes this is true. i would rather have a phone that pleases me a little more with screen vision and ease of use. i know i will have the next treo which everything it should have hop fully.

as long as the 680 can retrieve email and text the same way as threads then i might just sell this and get the cheaper 680 and sell that when the new treo comes out.

dose the 680 try to help type words and complete them with the commas and such? i really like that but not sure if its a windows thing only.
    In response to the 3G concern; When I use my 750 I turn the 3G off anyway to save battery life. I too would like the better screen, but business reasons keep me on WM5.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    My advice, run and get something else. Palm is lost at sea and you would be foolish to sink any more money into this clueless company.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
    My advice, run and get something else. Palm is lost at sea and you would be foolish to sink any more money into this clueless company.
    lol, i see you are not a happy customer. i just don't see anything like this phone that combines touchscreen with full one handed use.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    lol, i see you are not a happy customer. i just don't see anything like this phone that combines touchscreen with full one handed use.
    Me neither and that's the problem. I have a love hate with my 700p. Like you said, touch screen and one handed is nice. Buggy performance and built like a brick is not. Take the basic palm design, make it thinner, and update its style a bit, then load it with a new, powerful Linux OS. Give me that, and I will be happy. But instead Palm gives us a useless Folio, more handhelds running Garnet (should be taken out to pasture and shot) and more ugly form factors (Gandolf).
    I had a Treo 600 which I adored, however I kept getting the orange blobs on my screen and after replacing them a couple of times and suffering the dreaded 'no signal' error I abandoned Treo for an MDA Vario II running WM5 on TMob. The worst phone I have ever had the misfortune to use by a country mile, WM5 is appalling IMO but that may be the TMob ROM. I'm thinking of buying a Treo again and note that the 680 gets nice reviews, it runs Palm OS as well! The 750 is 3G though, anyone got any advice?
    I had the 600, 650 and 700p and now use the 700wx. All were good devices, so its really a personal preference. I made the choice to move to WM5 because the PalmOS was stagnating while Windows Mobile was moving forward. I am very happy that I did as I would not go back to any of the PalmOS phones. If my wife had a Treo, however, I would suggest a PalmOS one for her because its less complicated for new users.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Hmm, I moved to WM as I thought that it was the only game in town as far as a mobile OS went. However, having been stuck with it for almost a year now I deeply regret moving to it. Things just don't work, the list is as long as my arm. I yearn for the simplicity of the Palm OS which is almost mac-like in the way it just works. I'll miss 3G though which has got my right out of the crapola a couple of times with it's ultra fast download speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    680 is nice. I just wish we can get a OEM sized 2100 extended battery like the 755P!!!!
    I read, though, that the 755's battery is actually somewhat larger than than the 680's. Gosh, were they paying attention to the 750 and 680 owners who complained loudly about batter life? Amazing.
    Just went and bought one.