Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My apologies if this has already been posted (mods feel free to merge if this is a duplicate thread) but does anyone have any further information on the rumored specs for the 800W (Vincent)? Seems likely it will have WM6, CDMA, and be available on at least Verizon in September but any other information?

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post626709

Edit:

Direct link to single post:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/626709-post784.html
    Last edited by Marty1781; 06/06/2007 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added a link
    Think you posted a link to the wrong page in that thread...

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post626712
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I think I posted the correct link. I was linking to the post with the table that shows the release date for all the upcoming Verizon devices, not to the single post you linked to.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Hope it works with my Foleo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    I think I posted the correct link. I was linking to the post with the table that shows the release date for all the upcoming Verizon devices, not to the single post you linked to.
    Strange..your link takes me to page 20 in the thread, not page 40 where that table comes up but I see where you got that link..

Does this one do the same?
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/626709-post784.html
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    your link works great! I will edit my post so hopefully no one else has any issues with the link pulling up the wrong post. Thanks!
    wait it says the i760 is wm5 when I first heard about this phone I read it was going to be WM6. Say it aint so. I am gonna go out on a limb and say the 800w is going to be like the 750W
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    wait it says the i760 is wm5 when I first heard about this phone I read it was going to be WM6. Say it aint so. I am gonna go out on a limb and say the 800w is going to be like the 750W
    Maybe with more memory then the 750. Only thing I can think of to improve the 750 other then more memory is Wifi....
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    True innovation is going to come 900 or higher.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think the safe assumption is that the 800w is a 755p running Windows (320x320 screen, no Wi-Fi)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I agree with skfny. Nothing huge except for the 320x320 screen, MAYBE 256mb ROM/128MB RAM
    Given that "thin is in" with all the new Sammy/Mot/other models, you'd have to hope the 800W loses some girth. Something around 12mm/~0.5in would be nice.

I'd like to see them go to a standard connector instead of the Athena (<<100% reliable), add A2DP, and a 3.5mm headset jack. All on top of a true pre-emptive multitasking PalmUI OS with an "invisible" memory manager that doesn't cause lags.

Then again, Palm used to be innovative. The above would at least keep them in the game a little while longer.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    if they add wifi i may actually buy my first treo
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    True innovation is going to come 900 or higher.
    Id be very surprised to be honest with you

My gut feeling is the 900 will be the first to run the linux os, but that will be the only real big difference from the 800 or the 755.
    I know I'm dreaming, but I'm hoping the 800W means it will be 800 widescreen.
    Don't pinch yourself, lupe. Your dream is much more exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

My gut feeling is the 900 will be the first to run the linux os, but that will be the only real big difference from the 800 or the 755.

but when are we going to see the 900???? By Xmas, but they better test the device now and get the bugs out. I do not see that happening. A full year to lose the anntena and only fix some of the bugs on the 755p. Also maybe the Win Mobile 6 with descent memory might be acceptable! Screen should match the 755.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post

So no design changes??
    Should I just get a Razr and eliminate all of this hoo-hah from my life?
    I don't see any big design changes happening with future treos. Small tweaks and slimmer form factor with every new treo, but that's probably it.

Razr? lol. Now THATS taking things to extremes. I wouldn't even give it a look.

I'm going to take a look at the iphone and sprint's 6800 coming this month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast