Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I know its hard but Palm isn't dead yet.
    Yea Palm seems like they are going down the wrong path and I feel the same frusrations as most but I'll still take my Treo over most devices. Its easy and its works (mostly)

I think the future will hold some great devices that will give Palm the spot light again. The Foleo will find its place in the market

They have to produce more devices and they will be different and some will be the same. I can see them making three models of smartphone
    1. current treo type (you really can't do much with this design but make its thinner and pack in more stuff)
    2. Slider keyboard
    3. No keyboard

And the key to there success is going to fall on their new OS. So dont rush it.

BTW the Iphone is going to dissapoint the mass who can afford it LOL
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I've heard these claims that the iphone will be a flop. Whether or not that is true will be determined very soon. One thing is for certain. It stands a much better chance of succeeding than the foleo does. No question.

Palm has had terrific templates in their treo products. They`ve had fantastic starting points, but they are agonizingly slow to build upon them. One can argue that this incremental upgrade approach is good business strategy for turning profit in today's market.

I disagree strongly. Look at RIMM. This juggernaut is competing in the same market. They could have taken the same philosophy, but have instead chosen a much more innovative approach. RIMM is turning out new models at breakneck speeds compared to palm. They are beginning to offer a variety of smartphone designs geared to appeal to different tastes.. Granted their PIM apps are weaker, but on the whole they make great phones. Stability is paramount. Palm should be so motivated.

Palm turns over the exact same form factor year over year with minor little improvements..

I find it interesting how people call those who disapprove of palm's glacial rate of progress "wingnuts", as if they make up some small exception to the majority..

That sounds like an another apologetic defense of palm's current deficiencies.

Palm claims they are simply pursuing ways to maximize their shareholder value while practicing a measured business model ".

I disagree. If palm is practicing such an airtight business strategy, you certainly wouldn't know it by looking at their stock price. Its been dead for years.

Good business is RIMM'S model. You know they are practicing good stewardship because of their market penetration and wildly successful stock appreciation. They have a history of stock splits followed by further appreciation. That's a good company with great prospects.

So, It isn't the wingnuts versus business owners here. Its a matter of distinguishing a good company from one which is consistently very poorly run.
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/05/2007 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    So, It isn't the wingnuts versus business owners here. Its a matter of distinguishing a good company from one which is consistently very poorly run.
    I agree here but that just changed with Rubenstein taking Eric B's place as chairman. Add to that Paul Mercer working for Palm now and I think Palm's direction will change and it has to.

http://www.techshout.com/gadgets/200...ake-on-iphone/

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Palm-...d=132000FE3TV0
    Those are welcome changes. I really hope they have the influence necessary to effect some serious changes at palm.
    It appears they need a drill sergeant to whip their outfit into shape here.
    I'm sure you'll hear from "beat-testers" claiming they've seen the next great thing and it's worth waiting for. They were all over the place at the NY Roadshow in November 2004 when the 650 was first announced. They told anyone who would listen about the great plans Palm has in store for the next year.

What in the last 2.5 years could have been part of that "great plan"?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I'm sure you'll hear from "beat-testers" claiming they've seen the next great thing and it's worth waiting for. They were all over the place at the NY Roadshow in November 2004 when the 650 was first announced. They told anyone who would listen about the great plans Palm has in store for the next year.

The Foleo of course!! The device has been 5 years in the making.

"That was the genesis of Foleo. Foleo ... was conceived of five years ago but it didn't make sense to build five years ago," he said.
    http://www.echannelline.com/usa/story.cfm?item=22058

It sure makes a lot of sense to make it now, doesn't it.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Remove antenna and paint Treo different colors...don't laugh, it seems to have worked
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Remove antenna and paint Treo different colors...don't laugh, it seems to have worked
    So what's next? Pimp My Foleo?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Ironically, it has Munk...

Palm sales seem to have flourished with the release of the 680/755 series.

There is word of a 800W out there being available from Verizon by September. Take it with a grain of salt.

This is posted over at PDAphonehome by a user VZW E... seems like an internal document with the codename being Vincent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind of reminds me of that cult classic "Used Cars"

What's that yellow paint doing
    on that car? Did it use to be a taxi?

- That car there?
    - Yes, that car there.

- No, ma'am, that's yellow primer.
    - Yellow primer?

Yes, that's being used
    on a lot of cars these days.

It's a rust preventative,
    it adds life to the body...

Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Insertion's got it right. The treo 800 will be codenamed either the "lowrider" or "the homie"

The big upgrades will be as follows: Palm paints it purple and hangs a pair of dice around the camera mirror.
    Last edited by treobk214; 06/06/2007 at 12:51 PM.