Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    how hard would it be for palm to release a phone with wifi and a slim ~17mm thick shell, and a 3mp camera along with everything else they have on the current treos? Cant be hard at all since every oher mfr can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    how hard would it be for palm to release a phone with wifi and a slim ~17mm thick shell, and a 3mp camera along with everything else they have on the current treos? Cant be hard at all since every oher mfr can do it.

Palm better hurry up. I am going to try the 8830 next month. Even with the MR the lag is still annoying even though I deleted the cache yesterday. And the 755p still has the lag. I do not understand why Palm could not get it right even on a new phone. (same hardware I guess) I Will post back after trying the 8830. Ease of naviagtion may be difficult. What specs are there out on the Treo 800w that has been in the rumor mill the last day or so? We used to recommend Palm but we cannot do that anymore. I think sales will soon "LAG" if something doesn't change. They have known about the lag for sometime and they failure to fix it on the 755p (why release it?). I know the lag is less on the 755p but it is still there. Palm is taking a hit on a lot of boards now.
    I just hope there is a backlash soon against "slim", anorexic phones.
    Why not take the TX and add a cellular radio? I would buy that.
    I believe in the Linux-phone! LOL

Seriously, I remember a few years back when everyone was declaring AMD being in such a poor position, they could never recover. Then they leaped ahead of Intel and everyone was questioning Intel's ability to respond. Now Intel has jumped way ahead with their core duo chips and the pundits are back kicking AMD.

Palm is recovering from the legacy (mess) left behind by 3Com. If they get Linux right then they will be back in the race.
    Apantherís got it right! Iíve been a Palm customer since the Visor Pro. Since then Iíve gone through a Treo 300, two Treo 600ís, and two Treo 650ís. But at this point, Iím pretty sure this will be my last Treo! And it isnít because it doesnít have all the hot new features!

Would I like better screen resolution? Sure! A better camera? Yep! WiFi? Of course! But these arenít deal breakers. However, reliability and customer support are!!!

Silly me! Iíd like to be able to sync my Treo on Microsoftís current operating system. But, after Vista being on the market for over six months, the best Palm can do is promise us a BETA (!!!) ďsometime this summer.Ē NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! And what about the 700p fiasco? Working software and the ability to sync our $600 devices is not an unreasonable customer demand!!!

And, considering the inherent instability of their devices, customer support beyond an incomplete and outdated Knowledge Base would be a reasonable demand. And how about simple improvements like making some improvements to a cradle with loose connections that requires fiddling with prior to every sync.

If the Treo is an also-ran that doesnít meet modern benchmarks, I can live with it. After all, to me the selling point of the Treo is the third party software thatís available for Palm. Windows and Blackberry are geared to the business user. Palm gives me the software thatís more relevant to me as a personal user: games, WorldMate, Metro, the timetable for Sydneyís CityRail trains, photo software, airline schedules, e6b computer (for private pilots), media player for movies, mp3 player, etc. Some of these are available on Windows, and Blackberry is a superior email device. But for me, the Palm operating system gives me a variety that I canít find elsewhere!

The irony is that what I need from Palm to keep me as a customer isnít that expensive or technically difficultÖ.a device that WORKS, and a company thatís willing to stand behind its product when it doesnít! Give me that, and maybe a bit more memory and Iíll be a happy camper and customer for life. Sadly, Palm seems unwilling or unable to do that! And dissipating limited financial resources on a mini-laptop when they can't get their flagship product working properly is just plain stupid!!!
    The Treo 600 may be "Buck Rogers," but Handspring Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!
    The state of Palm in a nutshell:
    Lost at Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
    The state of Palm in a nutshell:
    Lost at Sea
    I respectfully disagree...

I think it is actually, "Lost in Space."
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I respectfully disagree...

I think it is actually, "Lost in Space."
    Good one! I stand corrected.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12