1.    #1  
    Apple making the killer convergence device...iPhone!
    Palm killing the convergence device...Foleo!

Apple coming out with 2nd Gen iPhone in one year!
    Palm coming out with 700p maintenence release for more than one year!

Apple, leader in innovation
    Palm, leader in reiteration

Add your own distortion field here!
    I think you pretty much summed it up. Time to short Palm.

Dunc
    lol......Killer convergence device. I think what you mean by that is anyone who has to use that device would want to kill themselves. I can't imagine why anyone half way up on todays technology would want to go backwards on wireless interent speed and have a bulky device with little to no software support and add-ons. Most of the posts on these forums are people looking for help customizing their phones or asking advice on which additional software to buy. Not to mention that phones with the same screen size have been available for years and pressing buttons with fingers and not using a stylus is aweful. It doesn't matter if they allow you to use 2 fingers at once. It will still be inaccurate and far inferior and inefficient to using a small screen with a stylus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    lol......Killer convergence device. I think what you mean by that is anyone who has to use that device would want to kill themselves. I can't imagine why anyone half way up on todays technology would want to go backwards on wireless interent speed and have a bulky device with little to no software support and add-ons. Most of the posts on these forums are people looking for help customizing their phones or asking advice on which additional software to buy. Not to mention that phones with the same screen size have been available for years and pressing buttons with fingers and not using a stylus is aweful. It doesn't matter if they allow you to use 2 fingers at once. It will still be inaccurate and far inferior and inefficient to using a small screen with a stylus.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Remember, this is Apple we're talking about here, they have a penchant for making things work where everybody else has failed. The iPod wasn't the first DAP by far, but Apple made it work to the point that just about everybody has or wants one. The Apple TV wasn't the first media streaming device out there, but Apple made it work in a way that made the reviewers go "Wow!", and they continue to improve on it. I have little doubt that the iPhone will succeed where other touchscreen phones have failed.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright