1.    #1  
    I hope I'm wrong, but given Palm's track record, I think we might have a forum full of disappointed Treo owners by COB Friday.

1) I doubt the MR will be everything we're hoping it will be. Palm reps have already said some issues are caused by HW, and there's only so much they can do to fix that. Those of us that are hoping that the MR makes the 700p as fast as the 650 might be in for a downside surprise.

2) Hawkins' new device. I actually think this device will have a lot of new features and will be revolutionary. HOWEVER, it is a first gen device for this new third line of business. Palm's track record would lead you to believe that they're going to leave out a MAJOR detail. Think of the Treo 600 (I know, not 1st round, but their first successful Treo). It ran OS 5 but was missing a hi-res screen. I think this device will disappoint in some way so that the 'Ace' can come along in a year and add to Palm's revenue. It would be downright comical if it has GPS, a HD, a big screen, Linux OS, and still no Wi-Fi.

In the long run, that may be the right thing for Palm to do, since the new device and the Ace will likely be financial successes.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  2.    #2  
    I think Palm just went 0-for-2 in one at-bat. If the MR flops, I might run and beg HTC for mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    ...I think this device will disappoint in some way so that the 'Ace' can come along in a year and add to Palm's revenue...
    It would have been nice if it only disappointed. They may not be here in a year...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    It would have been nice if it only disappointed. They may not be here in a year...

Honestly...after today...they don't deserve to be around in a year...
    Luminary? You've got to be kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    Honestly...after today...they don't deserve to be around in a year...
    Sorry old buddy, but I think Jeff pulled that trigger BEFORE he issued the Stop warning.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    What can I say? I thought the Foleo would be missing one key feature. I had no idea it wouldn't HAVE any features at all...

As for Palm's future, let's not forget when the 650 came out with NVFS. Palm explained that they had to go with NVFS but could replace the non-volatile memory with something else in the future. We're still waiting for something else. Either their next Treo will blow everything away, or it will lead to the Treo's demise.
    I hope I'm wrong, but given Palm's track record, I think we might have a forum full of disappointed Treo owners by COB Friday.

1) I doubt the MR will be everything we're hoping it will be. Palm reps have already said some issues are caused by HW, and there's only so much they can do to fix that. Those of us that are hoping that the MR makes the 700p as fast as the 650 might be in for a downside surprise.

2) Hawkins' new device. I actually think this device will have a lot of new features and will be revolutionary. HOWEVER, it is a first gen device for this new third line of business. Palm's track record would lead you to believe that they're going to leave out a MAJOR detail. Think of the Treo 600 (I know, not 1st round, but their first successful Treo). It ran OS 5 but was missing a hi-res screen. I think this device will disappoint in some way so that the 'Ace' can come along in a year and add to Palm's revenue. It would be downright comical if it has GPS, a HD, a big screen, Linux OS, and still no Wi-Fi.

In the long run, that may be the right thing for Palm to do, since the new device and the Ace will likely be financial successes.

The MR does not fix everything becaue the Treo 755 still has resets and lags even though not as bad as the 700p and it still has issues with the BT that was supposed to be fixed!!!
    I think this device will disappoint in some way so that the 'Ace' can come along in a year and add to Palm's revenue. It would be downright comical if it has GPS, a HD, a big screen, Linux OS, and still no Wi-Fi.

The Foleo has Wi-Fi now.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    The Foleo has Wi-Fi now.
    it has wifi but no mojo. so no sell.
    Why didn't anyone tell him this is one of the stupidest idea EVER??!!?? FIX THE TREO!!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack View Post
    The Foleo has Wi-Fi now.

I really believe that because this "Foleo" thing has wifi. There will be no need to add wifi to the next TREO they release! Dont be surprised if we never see wifi on a treo. They'll say "Just get a Foleo and you'll have wifi"
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    I really believe that because this "Foleo" thing has wifi. There will be no need to add wifi to the next TREO they release! Dont be surprised if we never see wifi on a treo. They'll say "Just get a Foleo and you'll have wifi"

I agree. So far they have pretty much said if you want Wi-Fi move move to a metropolitan area that has EVDO or wait until it gets to you. Next it will be the same story only Wi-Max.