1.    #1  
    I have a 650, but I would like to upgrade soon. I get the sense that the windows mobile OS is more powerful and will be "the wave of the future" vs the palm garnet which appears to be close to running its course.
    how have the former Palm users adapted to the windows mobile environment?

alan.mushnick@verizon.net
    Alan Mushnick
    Windows Mobile 5 is indeed a more 'powerful' OS than Palm's Garnet. You can do wifi, multi-task apps, and is only becoming more powerful. Palm still has the ease-of-use advantage. But, if you hold out, Palm will be releasing a new OS based on Linux. Details have not been released, but we suspect that it will level the playing field power-wise and still keep the legendary Palm ease-of-use factor. In any case, a quick search can yield many results of the age-old Palm vs WM5 debate. Also consider that WM6 is now being released.
    Last edited by BMIC50; 05/22/2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo
    i've used both operating systems, neither on a treo though. palm is easier to use. and seems better organized. WM on the other hand seems capable of a lot more. plus, microsoft is still developing their OS (WM6) and palm seems to have stopped years ago. there is more potential in WM i think, but i also think it is harder to use. one example of this is that when you open a program, it stays open even if you close out of it. its like a mac in that sense. you have to go to your task manager and end the program for it to actually stop running. this can get annoying especially if you've opened a bunch of programs.
    I probably would try wm, but I have spent $$ on software specific to the palm platform, and only having it two years, I probably will stick with the palm os for the forseable future.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldstallyns258 View Post
    i've used both operating systems, neither on a treo though. palm is easier to use. and seems better organized. WM on the other hand seems capable of a lot more. plus, microsoft is still developing their OS (WM6) and palm seems to have stopped years ago. there is more potential in WM i think, but i also think it is harder to use. one example of this is that when you open a program, it stays open even if you close out of it. its like a mac in that sense. you have to go to your task manager and end the program for it to actually stop running. this can get annoying especially if you've opened a bunch of programs.
    yes that happens on the wm platform but xda made a app that when you hit the X it closes. and the WM platform is alot better as you can mutitask. plus i don't like how plam doesn't have a today screen it is just a menu.
    I have to say Palm os because it was very easy to pick up and get a hang of it. WM does alot, but it takes a lot to get things done -_-'. Plus I don't want a Windoze device I have to manage with all kinds of weird files, very easy to watch over palms two files, PDB and PRC.
    i've been a long time WM user and the 700p was the first POS device i've owned. I agree w/ the previous post about POS being easier to use and far more organized than WM.
    WM has the potental to become far more powerful than POS but, as usual for a Microsoft product, at the expense of size and speed.