Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    For as bad as that was, I think I can spare one... Is that what the "Boo" in your location is for??
    Ouch! You dont like my comedy..? No, the Boo in Boo-Val is a replacement for 'Du' in Duval (the county in which I reside). It was a moniker I gave this city when I moved her for college, as it was subpar to Orlando, my hometown.
    I'm going to post this on my personal site later on; but since I've written it already, I wanted to post it here as I think it fits with some of what many of us think and chat about.
    ====

I've been a quietly harsh critic of the Palm Treo series of smartphones. I've been using them for a while and for the most part have been happy. But then when it gets to things like device stability or a few *advanced* features, the Treo lineup seems to fall something well near short. So lately, I've had my hand at a few Nokia and HTC devices and its been fun dabbing in what others have done. I've wanted to Palm to adapt some of their philosophies to their device design, but realized after just sending a text message on teh E61i that maybe the Treo *does* have it right.

No, the hardware and software do need to be improved, but the sum of the parts is indeed an impressive device. Simple things like where keys are placed or threaded-SMS makes for just using a device easier. Granted, it would be nice to use stero BT headphones without additional software, or have a browser that is just out of the box great AND usable, or even a design that is slightly smaller (but the same battery life). But that's not the case. I get an underspeced device that for all intents and purposes works well. That's really hard to do with any product, let alone a smartphone. I don't know whether to want another Treo, or just sit happy with mine. But it's clear that the grass isn't really greener with other deivces, they have their own patches of crab grass too.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Have you tried Opera Mini lately? I use it about 95% of the time now, and it has greatly improved my web surfing.
    Too much trouble. Java is spawn if devil. Plus not displaying unicode web pages is not the only beef I have with the Treo.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    The Treo's birthday is the day you bought it. It had no life until you came along...
    my god, do you mean i'm a daddy???

...let me find a cigar!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I have 3 kids now Christina?
    Or since I got my treo as a replacement to a kyocera am I stepfather as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    my god, do you mean i'm a daddy???

...let me find a cigar!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I have 3 kids now Christina?
    Or since I got my treo as a replacement to a kyocera am I stepfather as well?
    Wasnt as much pleasure as making a baby (parting with the $ to get Treo, whatever you paid) but its surely easier (read: cheaper) to keep and more utilitarian!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    But it's clear that the grass isn't really greener with other deivces, they have their own patches of crab grass too.
    In looking at a MOTO Q for my girlfriend, I have found this to be true. They have forums and those forums voice problems that are akin to ours. They might NOT get the WM6 upgrade! Thats on par with our MR! I want to push her to get a 755p, but she wants the slim device thats cheaper than the Treo. Maybe when they put up their display models, the smaller form factor will help her decide. I will give her unbiased info as best as I can, but you get what you pay for!
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    no girl can compete with my treo (or another smartphone with similar capabilities). if i were to choose between the two, its clearly my treo.
    in fact, my last g.f. probably ran away due to this.
    Mine looked at me funny when I first became infatuated with this "Treo 650" in the Treo store. Later, she began to suffer from Treo-envy.

Now, we both own 755P's.

Now, if I can just get her to try something on it besides screensavers n whatnot. (She probably will, but I've got a tiny lil pet-peeve about folks who spent big bucks on devices, don't use'em for much or don't learn how to use'em. )
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Mine looked at me funny when I first became infatuated with this "Treo 650" in the Treo store. Later, she began to suffer from Treo-envy.

Now, we both own 755P's.

Now, if I can just get her to try something on it besides screensavers n whatnot. (She probably will, but I've got a tiny lil pet-peeve about folks who spent big bucks on devices, don't use'em for much or don't learn how to use'em. )
    Here here! Makes ya wanna smack a joe (purposely changed)!!
    new q will be out later this year according to moto's press release....may be worth it to wait a bit to see if all the problems have been fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    new q will be out later this year according to moto's press release....may be worth it to wait a bit to see if all the problems have been fixed.
    No CDMA version has been announced as of yet.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I love my 680!!! I love reading on ereader. I have read about 80 books on my treo's so far. I love the new free Suduku!!! Play all day, except when driving!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Hmmm with a spare battery she's always ready, she never has a headache, and she loves to shop! I love my Treo (700P)!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12