1. sof
    Hello all,

I'm thinking about replacing my current separate cell phone and Palm device (can you bleive I'm still using a Vx?) with a Treo next month, for various reasons. I'd like to hear some opinions on buying the 700w versus the 700p. (My provder is Verizon.)

I love the Palm OS and have never really bought into the Windows Mobile OS. But I also will need to be able to check several POP and IMAP email accounts. Which is better for this? I'd like to be able to check my Yahoo mail and maybe Hotmail as well, so will I need the 700w for that?

I appreciate any thoughts you all can share with me!

sof
    do a search...this has been discussed hundreds of times.

welcome to the forums
    Yes, this has been discussed at length, but know that Yahoo doesnt have a Palm-supported app right now, so you would either have to pay for their POP access or use the web to check it. I dont know is Yahoo has a WinMo app, but either OS will work for your other needs unless you have more specific constraints. By the way, skip the 700p and consider the 755p. More research will tell you why!
  4. sof
    Thanks to both of you. I'm not sure the 755 is an option with Verizon right now, but I'll do some research on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sof View Post
    Thanks to both of you. I'm not sure the 755 is an option with Verizon right now, but I'll do some research on it.
    Duh! Youre right. It hasnt been released (or even announced) to be available on Verizon yet.