1.    #1  
    Palm ***** light bothers a congressman.
    http://slashdot.org/palm/21/07/05/14/1748229_1.shtml
    Idiots populate the world. And to think he gets paid...

Ben
    None of the lights he was bothered by has made him any brighter! How will he find that power button in the dark if it wasnt illuminated? If he has that big of a problem with them, he should just turn them off, buy another brand, or cover them up!
    Just think.. Someone voted for this dolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Just think.. Someone voted for this dolt.
    Actually, nobody voted for him. He's a columnist, not a Congressman.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Nobody thinks he has a valid point? Everything you buy nowadays has an off light to let you know that it is indeed turned off, or, like a Treo 650, has a blinking light that blinks for NO apparent reason and can't be turned off (well they added the ability to turn it off in a patch,) but honestly. Is there any particular reason that every device needs to constantly inform you that it still has power?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDX View Post
    like a Treo 650, has a blinking light that blinks for NO apparent reason
    Well, on the 700wx it tells me I still have a cell signal (or not). Something I like to be alerted about. Green=good, red=bad. If bad, I can call my VM from a landline to check it.

-Frank

PS. In a car, you don't really need the oil warning light either. After all, if you ran out of oil the engine would stop. It would be pretty apparent you were out of oil. Why mess with the light? Just ads confusion
    No, I don't think he has a valid point (other than it seems to me it may just be a humorous writeup).
    Nobody thinks he has a valid point? Everything you buy nowadays has an off light to let you know that it is indeed turned off, or, like a Treo 650, has a blinking light that blinks for NO apparent reason and can't be turned off (well they added the ability to turn it off in a patch,) but honestly. Is there any particular reason that every device needs to constantly inform you that it still has power?
    The only thing I agree with is the option to turn them off if the customer wants to. But those lights are indicators, otherwise you may not know if your device is working right. There're worse things he should gripe about!

Here's his full article:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...rce=rss_news10

Lots of iPhone hate threads underneath on the 2nd page, LOL!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The LED blinks for a variety of reasons. You would know if you actually used your Treo, but it alerts of Cell signal, new emails, new SMS's, missed calls, voicemail, system errors, etc!

Besides, his argument is full of fallacies and therefore, is deemed STUPID!