Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    The 755 has more memory? Yes, 3G would be nice but Palm has repeatedly said it's not possible.

Camera is crap, 640 or 1280.

EDIT: Odd, didn't know the 700p had 128M.. However, I still have 32m free on my 680 and I have a lot of programs. Plenty for me.

Edit 2: Um.. The 680 has 60M of user-accessible ram, and so does the 700 and 755. Again, I don't see what you mean here.

The Palm website says 64M for the 680 and 128m for the 700/755, but unless I'm missing something, they both only have about 60M for the user.
    I think Palm gets lazy when they post their specs. Sometimes they put all the information and sometimes they just put the basics...like not including the "User Available" amount of memory.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    change brand.

went for the nokia e61. got it quite some time now, downloaded - according to the phone's stats - over 600mbs, and can you believe it? not one hard crash.

not one major reset.

i never wish back.
    I have a 650 but want to 'upgrade' but really cannot decide which way to go...I am so used to Palm and have some apps that I use a lot...but I am starting to consider whether there is a future for the Palm OS and whether to jump to WM instead (i.e. 750).

Where is the Palm OS going? A Linux based OS has been rumoured. How will this compare to the Palm OS? Will I be able to use my Palm OS apps if I wait?
    Should I just move to WM, find suitable replacement apps and be done with it?
    The kernel will be Linux, otherwise Palm's new OS is planned to be backward-compatible with third-party applications that are well written. Anything that doesn't work with NVFS now won't work.
  5.    #25  
    so i should stop buying palm apps?

damn, i'm getting played here. if palm won't make another os and thus another phone, i'm jumping out of the plane parachute or no parachute.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I am pretty sure the new Palm Linux OS integrates a Garnet OS compatibility layer, thus the purchase of the Garnet Source code for *whole or part* use.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by franknitty69 View Post
    so i should stop buying palm apps?

damn, i'm getting played here. if palm won't make another os and thus another phone, i'm jumping out of the plane parachute or no parachute.
    Are you just randomly posting gibberish, or are you actually reading this thread?

Someone just said that well-written apps will work. Hacky stuff, who knows. I suspect it will be similar to the change from OS4 to OS5 where many apps needed updates to work properly. The badly written ones perhaps disappeared, but any gaps would soon be filled with other software.

I feel I'm wasting my time even responding to you..
    Quote Originally Posted by dg252 View Post
    I am starting to consider whether [...] to jump to WM instead (i.e. 750).

Should I just move to WM, find suitable replacement apps and be done with it?
    Anyone have any thoughts on these issues that I raised?
    Why don't you read some of the Palm vs Windows threads or the threads about users moving from Palm to Windows devices and see what their opinions of the switch were?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Are you just randomly posting gibberish, or are you actually reading this thread?

Someone just said that well-written apps will work. Hacky stuff, who knows. I suspect it will be similar to the change from OS4 to OS5 where many apps needed updates to work properly. The badly written ones perhaps disappeared, but any gaps would soon be filled with other software.

I feel I'm wasting my time even responding to you..
    yes i'm just posting gibberish and no i'm not actually reading this thread.

well-written apps doesn't mean ALL apps. if i continue to invest money in palm apps knowing that only 50% of them will work on a new os than thats stupid.

the question is rhetorical btw.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12