Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did conduct a search to see if I could find an easy answer to this without luck.

I have Verizon 650. It fell off my tail gate ( ) and was lost. I claimed my insurance and they sent me a new 650. I subsequently found my original 650. The antenna is missing but otherwise seems to be in close to perfect condition. If I sell this thing off to somebody will that work or will they get in hot water with Verizon/insurance company if they fix it and use it?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Not quite sure, but I think this is the reason people on Ebay are always asking if the phone has a clean ESN.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I bet your old phone would be flagged as having a bad ESN and should not be able to get activated. You may however take the phone apart for parts.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I would call Verizon and tell them what happened. Ask if they want the old phone back, which I doubt they will, and then you're free to do whatever. Just make sure they note your account that you called.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    verizon deals with assurion insurance. If you don't have the phone your esn is dead. Call them (not verizon, although verizon will give you their number). Tell them what happened. Do not sell the phone...In their terms of service this is considered fraud. You would get in hot water.
    With Sprint you wouldn't be able to activate the phone.

heimlich
    the esn is now bad. no point in selling it... (only sell as parts)
    A bit off of this topic, but do you think it's worth paying for insurance for a 650 after 1 year of ownership? Just curious - I'm thinking of dropping my insurian insurance at this point.
    Wow. I had some awesome luck with insurance. I bought a Treo 650 from a friend. A few days later it stopped charging the battery when plugged in. Took it in and they ordered me a brand new 650. Just recently my 650 has not let me hear any calls, and nobody can hear me (unless I use a headset). I took it in, and they ordered me a 700p which I am supposed to pick up today. All this happened with Sprint, and within a 8 month period of time.

Edit: Original purchase price of Treo 650 = $150 + 8 months of $6 insurance = $198
    That is awesome luck...Cingular doesn't offer insurance on the Treo
    I had a lg 4500, then the kyo 7165 for a week before verizon swapped it out (no charge) for a 650....
    Insurance is worth it because until then I didn't realize it carries with you, not the phone. Whichever phone you have activated, your insurance I believe follows it.
    cadman...your sig is so hostile! Even you're nice posts seem angry Grrrrrr...
    I will change it for you my dear.
    Thank you much, sir! This one is much better...
    I aim to please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Wow. I had some awesome luck with insurance. I bought a Treo 650 from a friend. A few days later it stopped charging the battery when plugged in. Took it in and they ordered me a brand new 650. Just recently my 650 has not let me hear any calls, and nobody can hear me (unless I use a headset). I took it in, and they ordered me a 700p which I am supposed to pick up today. All this happened with Sprint, and within a 8 month period of time.

Edit: Original purchase price of Treo 650 = $150 + 8 months of $6 insurance = $198
    I got my 700p the same way! I bought the 650 from eBay, and when Sprint opened up the repair insurance (couldnt activate the full insurance on a phone that wasnt purchased there), I put it on. And not a moment too soon! Battery wouldnt charge and they replaced my old 650 with a new 700p (9 mos ago). Of course, I now have full insurance on my 700p!

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    That is awesome luck...Cingular doesn't offer insurance on the Treo
    Another reason they couldnt get my dollar...!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I will change it for you my dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Thank you much, sir! This one is much better...
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    I aim to please.
    Here we go again with the avatar! How come youre always in the midst of it, Christinac130?
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    A bit off of this topic, but do you think it's worth paying for insurance for a 650 after 1 year of ownership? Just curious - I'm thinking of dropping my insurian insurance at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Although most will feel that having insurance will ease life if you lose your Treo, most financial analysts will say that its not financially wise to keep your insurance after 1 year. $7/month Payments add up--and in time, you would have paid the amount that it would cost to buy a new, more current phone (particularly when you add in teh $50 deductible)

Asurion, however, does give upgraded phones as replacement after the new phone has been out for a bit, so you can have insurance AND a new, upgraded phone.
    With Sprint, insuring a Treo will only cost you $84/year. Throw in a deductible and youre still under the $150 credit that you would earn after 2 yrs, but almost half of what Sprint gives you after a year ($75). So, considering that people upgrade every year (no factual data to sustain this), if you didnt have insurance you would have $199 to put towards a new phone (if you kept the $7/mo and added the $75 credit). Dont lose or break your phone before then, because you would have to replace a phone without the $75 credit, AND the year would start over again! After a year is when the insurance is needed the most, which will increase your chances of getting an upgraded phone/device. But I do see where the math makes sense..$164 + $150 2yr credit = $314 you could have towards a new purchase. And that doesnt factor in a deductible. But if you dont keep the same phone for those 2 yrs, then you wont ever make it to that $150 mark. Thats why I will ALWAYS have insurance (unless it gets too expensive)! Why pay for a new phone when you can get upgraded through insurance?!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Here we go again with the avatar! How come youre always in the midst of it, Christinac130?
    Not my fault this time...I requested a sig change But, I like his new avatar better, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post

Update: Sprint comes through again. They had so many people order the 700p it's on backorder, so I get to wait another week. Oh well. still a free upgrade.

They offered to get me a 700wx sooner, would anyone take that, or wait for the 700p?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast