Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    http://www.palm.com/mypalm

About the MyPalm™ program
    What is the MyPalm program?
    The MyPalm program is a service that keeps you connected to your important information and to those who matter most with a range of wireless solutions, personalized information and updates, and reliable step-by-step support.

Membership benefits

As a MyPalm member, you'll receive:

Free 24/7 members-only assistance
    Your personalized MyPalm page
    Alerts and updates about the software and accessories you own
    Insider tips and how tos
    Wireless delivery of software and services*
    Exclusive offers
    More!
    * Not available for Microsoft® Windows Mobile® devices.

How do I join?
    To join the MyPalm program, simply visit the MyPalm sign-up page and fill out the requested information. Once you've confirmed your email address, you can log in and start taking advantage of our many benefits.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Cool. Thanks for the info...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Just downloaded the free sudoku for myPalm users. During the install it said "MyPalm Software needs to gather technical info about your device, and then update it regularly. Refer to your wireless service provider's data plan to assess possible cost." Choose "Ok or Exit". If you select exit it won't install sudoku.

THIS IS MAJOR BS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Just downloaded the free sudoku for myPalm users. During the install it said "MyPalm Software needs to gather technical info about your device, and then update it regularly. Refer to your wireless service provider's data plan to assess possible cost." Choose "Ok or Exit". If you select exit it won't install sudoku.

THIS IS MAJOR BS!!!
    And you think that someone who is signed up with a Pay by the MB data plan should suddenly find they have downloaded 20 mb of stuff at the end of the month?

John
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Why am I not surprised?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I signed up. Who knows. It may actually turn out to be something good.

heimlich
    yeah - I saw that and promptly uninstalled the program. I don't need sudoku that bad!
    When you get a 755p (and I am guessing future Palm devices too), you are asked to set up an account (or merge an existing one). It connects thru the AddIt applicaion on the device.

Would be really, really nice if the Palm Backup and some OTA updates make it thru this service. That would be a nice solution for a good deal of users.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    So Im assuming its similiar to TrackerDog?

Antoine, I fully agree, it would be nice if the Palm Backup program backed EVERYTHING up instead of just your PIM info.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Um, there's at least two free Soduku's out there...
    pointless. just a way to reach consumers to try & sell stuff to us.
    It actually does have a point - but just not for the uber-geeks on this forum. Remember there is an entire world of users out there who've never heard of TreoCentral, and for whom this type of service would make a ton of sense.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm interested to find out what the 24x7 member assistance really is. According to the web-site it's a toll-free number. (Imagine just 1% of the TC members start calling them... in the middle of the night... yikes!)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    johhnymac you have a point
    They email you a registration number, you could probably go to astraware's site and download soduku and use the key they emailed you.......
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Remember there is an entire world of users out there ....
    Shame that most of us are excluded then, isn't it?
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Seems you cant sign up if you have an unlocked device not currently available with your carrier. (I have a 750v with Rogers)
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Seems you cant sign up if you have an unlocked device not currently available with your carrier. (I have a 750v with Rogers)
    Hmmm, that's interesting, because I have an unlocked 680 with T-Mobile (and TMO definitely doesn't offer or support the 680) and I was able to sign up.
    Rogers is in Canada, believe the Beta is USA only.
    I wonder if this is Palm's secret third business...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast