1.    #1  
    There have been other threads talking about the transition from Cingular to "the new AT&T", and the carrier line on folks Treos changing from "Cingular" to "AT&T". Well, the change finally made its way through central Texas, and mine changed yesterday evening. The weird thing is that the last "T" in "AT&T" is underlined.

Does anyone else have the underline? Is that supposed to be some cool graphic thingy (not terribly impressive)?

Any theories as to why they wan't to emphasize the "Telegraph" in "American Telephone & Telegraph" company.

Curious......
    It's ampersand magic.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My carrier shows this: ATT
    No Ampersand, and no lowercase font, despite all their best marketing tactics trying to fool us into believing they're not ATT Wireless!!!

-M
    Sorry if I was being too subtle...in some situations with computers, a leading ampersand means 'underline the character immediately following this', so AT&T is interpreted as ATT.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  5.    #5  
    I love this place! You can get the answer to just about any obscure computer related question!!

Thanks Toby!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Sorry if I was being too subtle...in some situations with computers, a leading ampersand means 'underline the character immediately following this', so AT&T is interpreted as ATT.
    Pretty stupid mistake for someone who only had to write a program to display 3 letters!!!

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Pretty stupid mistake for someone who only had to write a program to display 3 letters!!!

-Frank
    Yeah that's what they said about all those mainframe guys who left off the first two digits in the year part of date representation. Look what happend with that!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Yeah, & means "the next character gets underlined because it is a menu accelerator."

I guess they decided to leave that idea in Windows Mobile.

The proper alpha tag to send would then be AT&&T, but then it would show up as AT&&T on non-Treo phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDX View Post
    The proper alpha tag to send would then be AT&&T, but then it would show up as AT&&T on non-Treo phones.
    Wouldn't that show up as AT&T then?
    I think you need &A&T&&&T which would show up as <u>AT&T</u> making it look like they intended the underscores all along!