Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ...but take a deep breath before you check the price! (I guess they may come down in time....)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    That's insane! I could see $350, but $3500??? Maybe a typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    That's insane! I could see $350, but $3500??? Maybe a typo?
    I believe it. Considering the size and speed, this is probably meant to cater to professional photographers and the like. It's not for people who want to put a lot of movies on their Treos. I'm sure the price will come down eventually, it always does.
    yeah but professional photographers wouldn't put their eggs in one basket and put everything on one card. It is the general opinion of www.dpreview.com that more cards in lower capacity are better than one big one in case of failure. But image all the programs that we could put on the card.....
    When the 8gb first came out, was it anywhere near that price? It's only twice the capacity and you can get those for $75 now. I remember it being somewhere in the upper $200 range...$3500 is just crazy.
    i would have bought it for 200 euros. i will wait.
    I get using different cards, and I agree that the price is ridiculous. I just don't see it as outside the realm of possibility for a new product that doubles the size of its closest competitor.
    When that shipment drops it better have a parachute. $350 sounds good right now....
    when you said check the price i was thinking $500 not $3500
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
    Just buy four 4GB card at maybe less than 1/10 of the insane $3500 price. They are just small SD cards even if u have 4 of them.
    Dark Lord of the Sith...
    Fear is My Ally...

http://www.ppcsg.com
    http://www.spug.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddeath View Post
    Just buy four 4GB card at maybe less than 1/10 of the insane $3500 price. They are just small SD cards even if u have 4 of them.
    why buy 4x4, if you can by 2x8 for nearly as cheap?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Another sighting. This one is "ready for mass production" too!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...