1.    #1  
    Not sure if this has been posted about yet, but if this thing works as well as they say it will, I'll definately be getting some.
    Check it out ... http://www.medistechnologies.com/content.php?id=55
    Why carry around something extra..

http://store.treocentral.com/content...8-37--1664.htm

I got that and I can make it 1 1/2 days of heavy use without recharging. (when I say heavy use I mean EVDO streaming video/music, texting calling surfing the net ect)
    Not to mention that the fuel cell is a disposable. They don't have a price tag on that fuel cell, so I'm guessing it's expensive, more expensive than those battery based quick charge systems, which one could use a rechargeable battery with.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    They don't have a price tag on that fuel cell, so I'm guessing it's expensive, more expensive than those battery based quick charge systems, which one could use a rechargeable battery with.
    It's $29.99 (available for pre-order): http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=1234&xSec=5.

Also, here's a review: http://mytreo.net/archives/2007/05/f...sory.html#more.
    Reasonable price for the longevity. I keep relating the term 'fuel cell' to hydrogen technology. They wouldnt allow that on airplanes!
    I don't think I want to pay $1/hr for a disposable, portable power source. Give me something I can recharge for 500 times for just pennies.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    This statement scares me from MTDN's review:

The manufacturer informed me that the Power Pack has a life of three months after activation.
    So $29.99 is only good for 3 months? This is a bit too much.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    It's a pretty silly idea in the real world. I routinely bring two extra batteries when I go on a road trip. That will give me more than 12 hours of video streaming and god knows how many hour of muisc playback.
    Keep in mind that if you are so far into the wild that you don't have access to 110v power, the chance is you can't use the battery eating features like EVDO anyway.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Keep in mind that if you are so far into the wild that you don't have access to 110v power, the chance is you can't use the battery eating features like EVDO anyway.
    That's what I had in mind, I do alot of hiking/camping. This would be great for that.
    755p owners may need this just to keep their Treo topped off with that small battery!
    I think I prefer my Seidio emergency charger (weight about 2 oz), and a couple of 9v batteries. I can also use it to re-charge my bluetooth headset when needed.
    755p owners may need this just to keep their Treo topped off with that small battery!
    The 755p's battery is 1600mAh; being that is nearly the same as the 1800 in the 700p, I don't think most will complain.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    The 755p's battery is 1600mAh; being that is nearly the same as the 1800 in the 700p, I don't think most will complain.
    Didnt you review a 755p? The TC review made mention that the battery might have been a different size than the 680...do you concur with this? If not, do you think the 755p can swallow the 2400mah extended battery that can fit into the 700p without a different cover?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Didnt you review a 755p? The TC review made mention that the battery might have been a different size than the 680...do you concur with this? If not, do you think the 755p can swallow the 2400mah extended battery that can fit into the 700p without a different cover?
    the battery is larger than the 12oomAh one in the 680 (I own the 680 Copper).

The 755p could probably take teh batttery, but I am not sure. I had the 2400mAh battery with my 650 but gave both that and teh 650 away many months ago.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    I think I prefer my Seidio emergency charger (weight about 2 oz), and a couple of 9v batteries. I can also use it to re-charge my bluetooth headset when needed.

I've seen them on sites, do they work really well? Will a new 9volt battery put a full charge on a treo that has been ran down to 0 - 10% ??
    If not, will 2 of them top it off?
    That seems like a very good idea to throw in a backpack when out in the "wild".