1.    #1  
    Has anyone compared the charging time from a computer using a USB charging cable to the straight Treo normal charge times? Are they about the same? Longer? Shorter?

I will do my own test soon, but I wondered if anyone else had any info to share...

-Frank
    Are you talking about using the included cable or another manufacturer?
    If its based on the treo cable, it will give me a full charge if left alone overnight while the wall charger does it in about an hr or so. An aftermarket charger from Staples gives me a full charge from 50% in about 90 minutes.
  3.    #3  
    I'm talking about an aftermarket USB charging cable as opposed to the charging cable/AC adapter that comes in the box. I believe they call it a travel charger, actually.

I just tried my USB charging cable and it seemed to take about the same time to bring the battery from around %85 to full (green light).

I've been getting a full charge from a very low battery, using the OEM charging cable (travel?) in 3 1/2 hours. Haven't tried my new USB charging aftermarket cable under those circumstances.

This is all with standard 1800mAh batteries.

-Frank
    Gotcha..Let us know how it works out.
    I just purchased a laptop and it would be great to eliminate a cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Haven't tried my new USB charging aftermarket cable under those circumstances.

This is all with standard 1800mAh batteries.

-Frank
    Ummmm...since you have one, why don't you tell us how long it takes??
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Ummmm...since you have one, why don't you tell us how long it takes??
    I will. But... it will probably be awhile before I have the time to check this out. So far I have determined that it takes 3 1/2 hours to charge a very low battery using the normal Treo travel charger. I have to wait till I have another very run down battery and the time to test it on a laptop. I use my laptop daily in my job moving from place to place. Don't usually have time to let it just sit charging. And I can't really test this overnight while I sleep. I wouldn't know when it reached full charge.

Preliminary results charging partially rundown batteries (i.e. 75-85 % or so) seem about the same as the factory charger.

I'll get to it.

-Frank