Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    Java works just fine though. I highly recommend JibJib. Small, stable, and full featured.
    I just installed jibjib on my 755 and it's not quite there yet. It has all of the features you really need with twitter but they still need to work on the UI. In addition it needs clickable links and selectable text.

So it looks like it's still under development to me...

Would be great if we could get a twitterific-like .prc for palmos.
    check out these mobile sites, I think they are much better than twitters page:

http://m.slandr.net

http://dabr.co.uk

they are both fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterfantastic View Post

http://m.slandr.net

http://dabr.co.uk

they are both fantastic.
    Thanks for these sites! I've checked them out and both are great substitutes for the lack of an app... and they are alot better than m.twitter.com too...
    Just started using TinyTwitter

I'm AnickUAren on twitter. Still learning to twitter.
    Last edited by schoolgirl04; 01/18/2009 at 02:09 AM. Reason: To add my twitter name
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    I just installed jibjib on my 755 and it's not quite there yet. It has all of the features you really need with twitter but they still need to work on the UI. In addition it needs clickable links and selectable text.

So it looks like it's still under development to me...

Would be great if we could get a twitterific-like .prc for palmos.
    I think the reality is that we are going to see Less and less PRC program for the palm OS. Developers are going to move to the webOS and programing using Mojo SDK from Palm.

It's sad to see and say, but it's the truth.

Those mobile sites are great, I'll start using them.

Side note, does anyone know how to create a shortcut to a website from the Launcher? so i'll have a link to http://m.slandr.net right on the Launcher?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by misterfantastic View Post

m.slandr.net

dabr.co.uk

they are both fantastic.
    Thanks so much! Blazer stinks for twitter - copy and paste are worthless. I've struggled with twitter mobile and was almost ready to dump my Treo for a Windows mobile device!

twitter name rebaaron
    I just started with twitter. I'm still trying to find a use for it. And still trying to figure it out. jamespaulritter
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I think the reality is that we are going to see Less and less PRC program for the palm OS. Developers are going to move to the webOS and programing using Mojo SDK from Palm.

It's sad to see and say, but it's the truth.

Those mobile sites are great, I'll start using them.

Side note, does anyone know how to create a shortcut to a website from the Launcher? so i'll have a link to http://m.slandr.net right on the Launcher?
    You can copy a link from \Windows\Favorites to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and then check it in settings>menus

I use to create a link in the programs folder to the favorites menu with total commander. Its kinda handy that way.
    Don't forget to add in your Twitter names in this thread so we know who to follow!
    hello Alli, jamespaulritter is my twitter name.
    You've protected your updates. Don't expect to have many followers.

Harold (Twitter ID: HumanRacehorses)
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    i use motwit to send some updates

i wanna try using jibjib just to test it out, can anyone help with installing it? i read that you need java to run it, if so, what is the name of this java program so i can d/l it on my treo? or can someone send it to me if its not available anymore? (i have a treo 755p)

im also greatly confused if i need the jad or jar file o_o!! i tried both but they did not work on my phone maybe its because of the lack of java in my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by triish13 View Post
    i use motwit to send some updates

i wanna try using jibjib just to test it out, can anyone help with installing it? i read that you need java to run it, if so, what is the name of this java program so i can d/l it on my treo? or can someone send it to me if its not available anymore? (i have a treo 755p)

im also greatly confused if i need the jad or jar file o_o!! i tried both but they did not work on my phone maybe its because of the lack of java in my phone?
    jibjib is not worth it. I installed it and there is not much to it. I've been using m.slandr.net which is probably one of the best mobile interfaces out there... give it a try.
  14. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I don't fully understand the point of Twitter, does it beep to let you know you have a message, and is it open to the public to see your messages. What is the point?????
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    I don't fully understand the point of Twitter, does it beep to let you know you have a message, and is it open to the public to see your messages. What is the point?????
    You can make your tweet private so it's not open to the world.

Every single person who has not used twitter doesn't understand it. You have to try it and find your own reason for using it. Everyone's is different.

Some Apps will auto notify you but this will require a push service. I prefer just checking it on my own time though.

Tim
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    jibjib is not worth it. I installed it and there is not much to it. I've been using m.slandr.net which is probably one of the best mobile interfaces out there... give it a try.
    Slandr works alright, i just wish they separated the different tweets with a small bar. that would go a long way to making it a little easier on the eyes.
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    I'm on Twitter ... TheyCallMeEllis (TheyCallMeEllis) on Twitter

I tweet a LOT. (Just an early warning)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I was on Twitter but couldnt really ever get into it too much.....so I've left it.......
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Actually I find following tweets becoming quite useful, and in a sense replacing some of my RSS feeds for quick updates. It all depends on who you follow.
    What you choose to tweet on the other hand is entirely up to you.
    I currently use Pocketwit on my Treo Pro - very good and free app.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast