1.    #1  
    Quick question for those using mail2web and the DirectPush update.

I've set a free account using mail2web Live. seems pretty nice so far, except for an annoying sync error i get when new mail shows up (irritating, but not the point of this post).

When I've read on these boards about mail2web, most power users comment on the $1.99 a month fee.

What service are you paying $1.99 for? Personal exchange? More importantly, what real world differences are you paying for?

Since I'm trying to forward my Yahoo mail through mail2web to my Treo, I'm hoping there is an upgrade that will allow me to use the website as the defacto yahoo web interface, including sending email right from the mail2web interface that looks like it's coming from Yahoo.

I'm not opposed to paying a monthly fee if it improves my overall email experience.

Thanks in advance,
    Rich
  2.    #2  
    Since I'm bothering the community, I might as well post the syncing error I get, in case it's an obvious fix:

"There was a problem with syncing. Outlook needs to reset your account. Please synchronize again now.

AirSAMStateMachine.c3259 150"
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richtack View Post
    Since I'm trying to forward my Yahoo mail through mail2web to my Treo, I'm hoping there is an upgrade that will allow me to use the website as the defacto yahoo web interface, including sending email right from the mail2web interface that looks like it's coming from Yahoo.
    Hi Rich,

That's exactly what you're paying for: with the Personal Exchange option you can define your default from-address. That is - you send E-Mail either from your Treo or from the Web-Interface and it will look as though it's coming from the default from (in your case: your yahoo address).

Also, the paid version doesn't display any adds in the web interface.

Has the sync error disappeared now?

regards,

peter
  4.    #4  
    Peter,

Thanks for the well thought out reply.

No, I'm not getting that error anymore. Fantastic.

Thanks for the Exchange clarification. I'm now looking around for someone who hosts Exchange 2007, because I would have to access the web interface on a Mac. The OWA client for exchange 2003 is super lame compared to the web interface for 2007, on Firefox.

Still looking for reasonable rates.

Thanks,
    Rich