1.    #1  
    Hey Palm!

I'm in DC and I pick up USA Today while waiting for dinner (Sofitel, $18 hamburger WTF!) and the May 4, 2007 edition has a big story on the front page of Section B about cellphones and especially high end phones. They talk about Moto. Nokia. RIM. The iPhone. The f-ing Sidekick, even. (OK so my 10 year old wants a Sidekick. Maybe I'm not the target customer.)

Not one mention of the Treo.

Memo to PRPRPR: $get$ $to$ $know$ $the$ $reporters$ $at$ $the$ $big$ $papers$. $It$ $wouldn$'$t$ $hurt$ $you$ $to$ $pimp$ $your$ $own$ $product$.
  2.    #2  
    Update from the bar at the Sofitel Lafayette Park.

The $18 hamburger is inferior in every way to a generic cheeseburger from In-n-Out an a sixth of the price.
  3.    #3  
    Second update from the bar.

In the same May 4, 2007 edition of USA Today, page 7D, a full page advert for USA Today's mobile service. The phone they use in the advert? A Treo.

Geez. I don't know what to think. Hey marketing dudes and dudettes at Palm, c'mon! Get some editorial coverage!
    A little extra food for thought.

http://www.gearlog.com/2007/05/palm_...riumphs_wi.php

If you want to see which handheld platforms are winning the OS war, check out these stats from mobile software store Handango. They released their first-quarter sales results this week, including how many programs were added by operating system - in other words, which operating systems developers are most jamming on right now.

Windows Mobile Pocket PC - 843 adds
    Symbian - 825 adds
    Windows Mobile Smartphone - 273 adds
    Palm OS - 253 adds
    RIM - 203 adds

Analysis after the jump.
    Enjoy your desert.

Surur
  5.    #5  
    Surer,

With stats like that, all I can say is ...

Resistance is futile. Submit and be assimilated.

I like the Palm OS. I like the software on the Palm OS. I like the look and feel of the Palm OS. What do I have in my hands at the moment? A 700wx. And - supporting your statistics - I am finding the 3rd party software I need. E.g., ExpensePlus is a superb travel expense tracker. Pricey though.
    I would be more upset about the hamburger than the article LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

The $18 hamburger is inferior in every way to a generic cheeseburger from In-n-Out an a sixth of the price.
    Hey Tastypeppers, I am in DC too this weekend, staying at The Madison on 15th st. Wife and I drove up from Virginia Beach to see Jeff Dunham at the Warner Theatre saturday night. We had dinner at Fogo de Chao on Pennsylvania Ave last night...it was awesome. Lunch in chinatown today then back on the road to VAB this afternoon.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Next time you want a good burger in the DC area you have to visit Five Guys...http://www.fiveguys.com/
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  9.    #9  
    cgordonn you have a pm. The Sofitel is on 15th.

There's nothing that compares to an In-N-Out burger. Tommy's is a close second though. I think I'll pick up a 4x4 w/fries animal style.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Hey Tastypeppers, I am in DC too this weekend, staying at The Madison on 15th st. Wife and I drove up from Virginia Beach to see Jeff Dunham at the Warner Theatre saturday night. We had dinner at Fogo de Chao on Pennsylvania Ave last night...it was awesome. Lunch in chinatown today then back on the road to VAB this afternoon.
    The Madison in my top Three when staying in D.C.

I, for one, am happy to see that the software for Windows mobile is taking off. I had a 700wx but switched to the 700p just because I never had to look far for the programs that I wanted and it was simple. But, I knew that in another year that Windows software would be out of control. I'm giving the 700p until late this year, and then it will be time.
    cgordonn you have a pm. The Sofitel is on 15th.
    I didnt get a pm I wish I had checked the forums earlier in the day or before hitting the sheets last night. Had I known we were that close we could have met for lunch.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  13.    #13  
    cgordonn,

No probs. I was trying to do the pm thing from my Treo so maybe I didn't get it right. If you're ever in L.A. please give me a heads-up.

EDIT: just logged on with my laptop and sure enough I didn't get the PM sent off to you properly. Sorry.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 05/06/2007 at 09:23 PM.
  14.    #14  
    I think the fact that this thread drifted quickly off-topic and onto food can only mean one thing. There's a new Treo a-comin' to town and folks is restless 'n jumpy-like.
    It's silly season!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    watch out now...