Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bill...aka CW...i just wanted to say hey. I'm here to learn as much as possible about the Treo. I work in an office where many of our "big wigs" have Treo's and expect me to support them...but they won't buy me one and i can't afford a Treo, let alone the payment for a voice and data package...so i'm forced to learn from forums and websites. I want to thank you all for any information i will be picking up while i'm here.

CW
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Hey all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bill...aka CW...i just wanted to say hey. I'm here to learn as much as possible about the Treo. I work in an office where many of our "big wigs" have Treo's and expect me to support them...but they won't buy me one and i can't afford a Treo, let alone the payment for a voice and data package...so i'm forced to learn from forums and websites. I want to thank you all for any information i will be picking up while i'm here.

CW
    Hi Bill. Welcome aboard.
    Welcome to TC
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks guys...i'm hoping to save up so i can afford a treo or maybe find a used one somewhere i can buy. Either that or talk my company into buying one for me and paying for the data package! Either way...i'm glad to be here and hope to learn alot!
    Watch the Marketplace section of the forum. Members usually give pretty good deals when they sell theirs...

Like this, if you're with Sprint...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=142338

You don't have to have a data plan to have a Treo, if you can't afford it. The Treo is a great device, even without data...there are many here that would attest to that.
    welcome to the forums. tell them if they really want you to help you need your own device to test stuff on.
    If you do IT, you need to have real-time email so you can handle problems quickly. You should also be able to vpn in to your servers so you can check on things. Those are two good reasons you should have a Treo.
    I got my Treo 650 thru midnightbox.com for just over $150. Sure it's refurbished but it works just fine. Mine has a slight crack in the back of the case but it's just cosmetic.

Bookmark http://www.midnightbox.com and watch it daily. They have some great buys. I've seen blackberry's and as well as Treos and today I bought a Samsung Helix portable XM radio for $65
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hey guys...

I've tried the "if you need me to support this i need one for my own" line...and they just kinda laughed...so i told them that they're just not going to get good support...but what sucks is that the nature of my company...someone can buy what they want from whatever provider...so we have some verizon folks...some sprint...cingular...t-mobile...we have some treo's....blackberry's...a couple Pocket PC's and a Moto Q...and i'm expected to support them all. I just got to the point where i say..."till i can get one and be able to test it out on my own...you'll have to call your provider support"...it's a viscious cycle.

Thanks again guys...

b