1.    #1  
    Should I refrain from downloading e-mail when I'm in a one or two bar signal strength area? It seems to suck the life out of the battery in short order but I'm not sure if signal strength has anything to do with it.

I don't suppose there are any spam filters for my Treo 650, are there?

Is there a way to temporarily suspend reception of e-mail on my primary account?

I have a spare battery and just leave it in my charge/sync dock. Right now my Treo is out of the dock. The spare battery is in and the light is green. If I put the Treo in the dock both lights turn red. Normal?

Thanks for any help and comments
    I can't answer about the dock, I don't have one. However, really, at 8 bucks per OEM battery on ebay (total including shipping), why bother yourself with not having enough power. Just buy more! That's what I do. End low-power problems forever. Just my personal solution.

-Frank
    Using versamail? I can't recall on the 650, but I know on the 700p you can create your own spam filters under Preferences.
    Frankxs, can you post an link to the $8 shipping included Ebay battery?
    How long is your battery life and how long do you think it should last?
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    Frankxs, can you post an link to the $8 shipping included Ebay battery?
    Well, you know, things on ebay come and go and change quickly. The closest I could come to my $8.00 estimate was $6.96. If you really hunt you should be able to find one for a buck more

Here ya go...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-ONE-TREO-OE...QQcmdZViewItem

Edit: Just noticed that the link above might not be new. Here's another link for a new one at the "Buy-it-Now" price rather than bidding (I always do Buy-it-Now). Don't like bidding.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TREO-650-700-BAT...QQcmdZViewItem

This one is closer to my estimate: $7.95

-Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 05/04/2007 at 04:40 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    How long is your battery life and how long do you think it should last?
    Roughly 3 five minute phone calls and about 25-30 e-mail headers downloaded just about sucks the battery dry. Definitely goes on charge every evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
    Roughly 3 five minute phone calls and about 25-30 e-mail headers downloaded just about sucks the battery dry. Definitely goes on charge every evening.
    Wow. I would think your battery is bad. You said you had another battery. Do they both do this? Wow. If they both do it I would be worried about the device (or charger). I can do 3 five minute calls and email and the thing is still around 90+ percent.

-Frank